uniqs

XPAMD
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
united state

XPAMD to skeptical1

Premium Member

to skeptical1

Re: [DISH] Free Dish Hopper really a lease?

Click for full size
Then you've missed the point of their advertising or anyone's advertising. You would have to Complain about Direct TV's Genie because they basically do the same thing.

Every TV provider out their charges some sort of DVR fee and/or Equipment fee.

What dish is advertising is the box, the Hopper Box itself is free for New and previous customers.

In your reply to me you said they advertise the "Hopper Service" as free. They don't go out there and claim the Service is free.

I got your point and your point is flawed. Your looking for an excuse to not get the service, period. That's fine.

Your point or claim is they are falsely advertising. The real point is you don't like the below the belt fee's all of these companies charge. The DVR Service Fees, Equipment Rental Fee, you name it they Charge it. Direct TV does it, Dish Network does it, Verizon FIOS does it, Time Warner does, Cablevision does it. While they do legally cover themselves it does stink. Your preaching to the choir here

It will take an act of Congress to change the way these companies operate. But I think you and I both know that isn't going to happen as Congress can't even agree to anything themselves!
ernliz
join:2001-11-25
Albemarle, NC

1 recommendation

ernliz

said by XPAMD:

I got your point and your point is flawed. Your looking for an excuse to not get the service, period. That's fine.

Sorry, I STILL don't think YOU get it. It's all about the advertising ethics. What would you think of Avis Rental Car Co. offering a "free" car, rental fees apply.

FWIW, I haven't seen DTV, TWC, or any other service offer "free" hardware (vs. free upgrade). Anyway, this conversation has run its course. And finally, I do plan on getting Dish soon, after some TWC business gets completed. Or should I go DirecTV? I'd REALLY like some comment on that!
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

My thoughts:

Sports Fan? - Choose DirecTV
Otherwise - Dish