how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

briman27
Titans Fan

join:2004-01-25
Stratford, NJ

Best carrier to buy iPad with Retina Display from?

I am planning on buying the newest iPad with Retina Display. For those of you that have them or at least know about them, what are your experiences with the various carriers (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint)? I'm not really sure who I should buy it from. Thank you.
--
Titans Fan
Verizon Online DSL - 1.5/384 - $29.95 a month

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1

I've had great experience with AT&T. I've had service since I bought my original iPad so I'm grandfathered with unlimited though. LTE was a major improvement.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to briman27

Whatever is best in the areas you wish to travel.

For instance ATT is really good in Texas.

In Pittsburgh ATT is basically as strong as if you're not entirely sure if someone farted or not.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

briman27
Titans Fan

Stratford, NJ
reply to briman27

Service in my area is basically the same with all carriers, which is why I can't decide who to go with.
--
Titans Fan

Daemon
Premium
join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·webpass.net
reply to briman27

If all carriers have similar service in your area and you don't plan on traveling much, pick whenever has the best deal for you.

If traveling domestically, avoid Sprint. If going internationally, all iPads support international 3G GSM, but they support different LTE bands choose carefully based on the countries you plan to visit.
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.

briman27
Titans Fan

Stratford, NJ
reply to briman27

Well I looked up if any of the carriers had any deals. I already have a Verizon 2 GB data plan for my cell phone, so it looks like it would only cost an additional $10/month to add the iPad to that plan (am I right?). However, Sprint also has a pretty good deal strictly for iPads for 1 GB of data for $15/month. I don't have AT&T so I'd be paying the most for them.
--
Titans Fan

buckingham
Buckingham Pa
Premium
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

Since you already have a relationship with VZ, adding the iPad to your existing account may be the best play, even if you up your data plan slightly to account for the increased usage that you'll incur having the iPad active.

briman27
Titans Fan

Stratford, NJ
reply to briman27

Is the iPad compatible with the regular data plans for smartphones? If you go on VZ's website and try and buy the iPad as a "new customer," the data plans it lists are different than the smartphone ones.
--
Titans Fan

buckingham
Buckingham Pa
Premium
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

I think you have to convert to the "shared" data plan to add the device. There's a monthly fee per device plus the data plan cost based on subscribed monthly capacity.

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30
reply to briman27

said by briman27:

Well I looked up if any of the carriers had any deals. I already have a Verizon 2 GB data plan for my cell phone, so it looks like it would only cost an additional $10/month to add the iPad to that plan (am I right?). However, Sprint also has a pretty good deal strictly for iPads for 1 GB of data for $15/month. I don't have AT&T so I'd be paying the most for them.
[/BQUOTE

If you are on Verizon already go with them again since you can setup a shared data plan plus their 4G is in like 500 cities when ATT is only in 65 or so.

briman27
Titans Fan

Stratford, NJ

How much extra does it cost to add an iPad to an existing data plan?
--
Titans Fan

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

$10 with Verizon

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to briman27

In my area, Verizon is the best because in terms of 4G
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

briman27
Titans Fan

Stratford, NJ
reply to Mike

said by Mike:

$10 with Verizon

Thank you! That seems to be the best deal since I already have a data plan with them.
--
Titans Fan

Darkfairy
Aeolus, your daughter flies.
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Tampa, FL
reply to briman27

Verizon has the most LTE markets right now, so if you're going anywhere in the U.S. they're going to be faster than any other carrier.
--
Fairy Blessings,
Stefanie

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to briman27

said by briman27:

said by Mike:

$10 with Verizon

Thank you! That seems to be the best deal since I already have a data plan with them.

Seriously you had to ask?
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

briman27
Titans Fan

Stratford, NJ
reply to briman27

said by not quite right:

Seriously you had to ask?

What do you mean?