swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to fartness

Premium Member

to fartness

Re: Mattresses suck

is your mattress one sided? the past 8-10 years the manufacturers have made them extra thick but only one sided which has made them indent like you have seen. I worked at a furniture store all through college during this "transformation" and this made me realize i will never buy a one sided mattress. You need a double sided mattress and it needs to be flipped AND rotated at LEAST once a month for the first year to get the best wear out of it.

Since it sounds like you are sleeping alone, you need to sleep in different spots if you want to maximize things...left side, center, right side, etc

what is the mattress and box spring sitting on? a headboard and footboard with side rails or an actual frame? Is there an actual center support going across the middle WITH a foot on it?
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside

fartness (banned)

said by swintec:

what is the mattress and box spring sitting on? a headboard and footboard with side rails or an actual frame? Is there an actual center support going across the middle WITH a foot on it?

Yes, it has a center support that touches the floor. I've even tried it with the box spring on the floor for ultimate support and it doesn't make a difference. I think it's just the material that is being used which is the issue, not the springs or the insides of the mattresses.

I remember a similar explanation when I would have them replaced under warranty. Even this latest one, I slept in different spots for the first few months, which seemed to help, but now it's back to being junk. Divide the mattress into 5 spots for example (cut into 1/5ths). If I sleep in spot 1, spot 1 becomes soft eventually and isn't as firm as the 4 other spots. Sleep in all evenly, and the whole mattress isn't as firm as it was. Only takes a few months to exhibit these issues in a "better" mattress.

I've seen a few places offer double sided mattresses, but with this mattress still under "warranty" (ie. they'll probably tell me to piss off this time), I don't want to spend $700 on something that shouldn't be having this issue.

I have a mattress from a different place in a different room that felt firmer when I bought it, but it has the same issue.