how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ran407

@bhn.net

[CFL] Do they not care about existing costumers? CFL

Hi all -

New here but was trying to find anyone else who may have had a similar experience...

I have had the triple bundle for about 5 yrs now but I can no longer afford to keep it. I am looking to change to just internet and phone. I go on the BH site and see a package for $51 so decide to call them right then. I am told that because I am not a "new costumer", that bundle is not available to me (even though I have been given this "new costumer" promotional rate before w/o even asking for it). The rep said the price would be $69 for me. I was a little annoyed but fine. I told him, let me think about it for a bit and I will call you back (I wanted to see how that price compared to other service providers). He gave me a reference number and everything to expedite the process when I call back.

So after giving it consideration, I call back to sign up for that package but this new rep tells me the price is now $102 not $69. I am left speechless for a second but manage to give him the reference code I was given. He proceeds to tell me that because I am downgrading, they cant give me that price and that the price quoted in the reference code was bad information. Really? You have a $51 price listed on your website and $102 is the price you want to give your loyal costumer? He gets his manager on the phone who can only tell me that because I am downgrading, that is the price they can offer me.

Has anyone had a similar experience? It just seems so insane to me. Would they rather lose a loyal costumer than offer them a fair price? I feel like I am getting penalized for trying to stay a costumer by reducing my services to a level I can afford. I am so just really frustrated and disappointed right now, I don't feel they value their existing costumers. Sadly, I am left with no alternative but to look for a different provider. I don't have many options in my area but will most likely go to century link who is offering much lower rates.

homeshark

join:2001-03-09
Saint Petersburg, FL
I would ask them how long you have to not be a customer for you to be considered new again. Also would you consider having your wife (assuming married) sign up for an account instead in order to be considered new? As far as BHN knows, you divorced or gave the house to kids, etc.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to Ran407
said by Ran407 :

Hi all -

New here but was trying to find anyone else who may have had a similar experience...

I have had the triple bundle for about 5 yrs now but I can no longer afford to keep it. I am looking to change to just internet and phone. I go on the BH site and see a package for $51 so decide to call them right then. I am told that because I am not a "new costumer", that bundle is not available to me (even though I have been given this "new costumer" promotional rate before w/o even asking for it). The rep said the price would be $69 for me. I was a little annoyed but fine. I told him, let me think about it for a bit and I will call you back (I wanted to see how that price compared to other service providers). He gave me a reference number and everything to expedite the process when I call back.

So after giving it consideration, I call back to sign up for that package but this new rep tells me the price is now $102 not $69. I am left speechless for a second but manage to give him the reference code I was given. He proceeds to tell me that because I am downgrading, they cant give me that price and that the price quoted in the reference code was bad information. Really? You have a $51 price listed on your website and $102 is the price you want to give your loyal costumer? He gets his manager on the phone who can only tell me that because I am downgrading, that is the price they can offer me.

Has anyone had a similar experience? It just seems so insane to me. Would they rather lose a loyal costumer than offer them a fair price? I feel like I am getting penalized for trying to stay a costumer by reducing my services to a level I can afford. I am so just really frustrated and disappointed right now, I don't feel they value their existing costumers. Sadly, I am left with no alternative but to look for a different provider. I don't have many options in my area but will most likely go to century link who is offering much lower rates.

Please open a direct forums thread, include your IP so I can pull your account information and I will investigate and be in touch.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

ranalexander

join:2013-02-19
Thank you, will do so. I am new to this forum but I think I figured out how. Will just copy and paste this text there

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to Ran407
Got it and its already being addressed...someone will be in touch shortly and then I will receive an update and followup.