Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
reply to Vchat20

Re: [Apps] Parental control apps to limit app access with web ad

What's the problem? Unless he has a CC, he can't buy apps, right?

Am I missing a detail here?

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

said by Juggernaut:

What's the problem? Unless he has a CC, he can't buy apps, right?

Am I missing a detail here?

Lots of free apps on the marketplace. In fact even without any service on the phone yet he has already loaded down with more apps than I care to count. Doesn't take much.

We've pretty much already set up a procedure where he gets good grades in school or loses access to his computer and gaming devices. Along the same lines he needs restricted access to the phone. Ideally limit it to just the messaging, phone, and gmail apps.
--
I swear, some people should have pace-makers installed to free up the resources. Breathing and heart beat taxes their whole system, all of their brain cells wasted on life support.-two bit brains, and the second bit is wasted on parity! ~head_spaz

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Free apps are just that, and I don't see a problem.

Use FDN's to limit calls, text etc.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

said by Juggernaut:

Free apps are just that, and I don't see a problem.

Use FDN's to limit calls, text etc.

There isn't a problem, he's just trying to restrict access on the phone, as he doesn't want his brother downloading everything he possibly can from the app store. There are a ton of apps out there that are quasi-malicious, and of questionable content.

Not sure why this is confusing.

OP, I don't have an answer for you, but would be interested in any solution that you're able to come up with.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor