join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
reply to treeman

Re: Square footage/Family size

I just bought a house in November. It's just me, my wife, my stepson, and my mother-in-law. I bought a 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath 3100+ sqft single-story house.

We came from a 2800sqft 4 bedroom 2.5 bath split-level house. The reason I "upsized" are as follows:

1) The disparity in pricing between Pennsylvania and Florida, I could easily afford it.

2) I wanted guest space and an office. I can relocate the office to the family room if need be (see #3 and #4 below) as we also have a large living room.

3) My stepdaughter is married and has two small children. Her husband is an absolute failure at life. I am extremely confident he will never amount to anything. I expect that one day she will realize this for herself and we're going to have to take her and the kids in here with us.

4) Who knows what else will happen? My parents are considerably younger than my wife's mother. There could be a time in the future where my mother-in-law is no longer with us and one or both of my parents can't live by themselves.

--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

treeman
Premium
join:2000-07-15
Mcgaheysville, VA
My sister moved from outside Philly down to Naples FL. Same reason more bang for the buck