Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313 to YukonHawk

Premium Member

to YukonHawk

Re: [Speed] Chicago speed changes

said by YukonHawk:

Why was he arrested? He was paying for his service. Was he running a server or harassing people on line? Just curious.

His neighbor was the one arrested for stealing the feed that he was paying 200 a month for. Caused all kinds of problems connection wise. Took Comcast 5 months to trace it after multiple tech visits.

If I were paying that kind of money, I'd expect Comcast to get down and roll out the red carpet whenever I had a problem.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk

Ahhh..okay.. Maybe if I opened my eyes I would have seen that. LOL. I completely agree with you.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by YukonHawk:

Ahhh..okay.. Maybe if I opened my eyes I would have seen that. LOL. I completely agree with you.

So did our whole group. We were cursing the neighbor for being an asshole and screwing with the connection when we were gaming. It got so bad he couldn't host because of drops caused by the neighbor and stealing his feed.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by Chris 313:

said by YukonHawk:

So did our whole group. We were cursing the neighbor for being an asshole and screwing with the connection when we were gaming. It got so bad he couldn't host because of drops caused by the neighbor and stealing his feed.

How exactly was he stealing his feed? I'm honestly curious, because as far as I know there's no way to just split someone's cable then use THEIR provisioning on a different modem. Was the person's WIFI wide open or did the guy hack it and connect that way to steal from it?

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by pflog:

said by Chris 313:

said by YukonHawk:

How exactly was he stealing his feed? I'm honestly curious, because as far as I know there's no way to just split someone's cable then use THEIR provisioning on a different modem. Was the person's WIFI wide open or did the guy hack it and connect that way to steal from it?

I wouldn't know. All I was told was that Comcast found his neighbor was stealing his cable. He was hacked as far as his Xbox Live account went, so maybe his connection was hacked in a similar way and that's how his neighbor gained access.

But after Comcast found things, his connection was back to perfect. Should be at that price.

CUBS_FAN
2016 World Series Champs
join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL

CUBS_FAN to Chris 313

to Chris 313
said by Chris 313:

His neighbor was the one arrested for stealing the feed that he was paying 200 a month for.

So I'm guessing he was paying someone for an illegal hookup since Comcast doesn't offer such speeds?

The way everything is wireless 100 to 200mbit would be pleasant when the kid is watching Netflix on the iPad and 2 laptops or the PS3 is playing games online.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to Chris 313

Premium Member

to Chris 313
the connection should be perfect at any price/tier.