"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to vaxvms

Premium Member

to vaxvms

Re: [All] Blizzard of '13

Just read a tweet that another "Nor'easter" is possible for Sunday. Though not at all confirmed but this is the third weekend in a row one was predicted. The recent "Blizzard" is the first.
Screw it, I am moving to the tropics.

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

Looks like another case where the closer we get to Sunday, the bigger the storm gets......Hope I am very wrong!!!

MsTerra
Mouthy Broad
Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Nerdvana

MsTerra to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat
said by Dominokat:

Just read a tweet that another "Nor'easter" is possible for Sunday. Though not at all confirmed but this is the third weekend in a row one was predicted. The recent "Blizzard" is the first.
Screw it, I am moving to the tropics.

When I was living in the SF Bay Area, I grew to miss this stuff.

Clearly, I was brain damaged.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt

MVM

said by MsTerra:

When I was living in the SF Bay Area, I grew to miss this stuff.

During the 4-years I spent in the military was always in places without winter snow. I found I missed missed winter and the seasons.

My wife and I grew up in Chicago. Tales of cold New England winters aside it is warmer here and we get more snow then the Midwest. That is a good trade-off for me. If I have to be cold I'd much rather look out the window and see snow covered ground then bare dirt. Our friends who lived in Northern Wisconsin found out Propane does not vaporize at -37F.

Plus living in the boonies the snow stays pretty clean between snow falls, not like the brown crud in the city after a couple of days.

/tom

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

to HenryFarpolo
said by HenryFarpolo:

Looks like another case where the closer we get to Sunday, the bigger the storm gets......Hope I am very wrong!!!

I got a "Tweet" saying the GFS has a big dumping predicted. The EURO model will give it's prediction around 1pm. I'll stick with what it predicts as it is usually more reliable then the GFS.

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

Right now, the EURO model is predicting the higher snow totals for the Boston area of the two models they are using. One model shows a lot of mixing for southern NE while the EURO shows mostly snow.

OUCH!!