All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy

Re: the weather channel local on the 8s hd, when?

yeah that is stupid. But I am glad the NWS is changing their criteria for warnings, watches and advisories.
But alot of people don't want to watch someone dredge the gulf of mexico (not a real show). The weather channel should be about WEATHER not shark chasing. If you want a channel about shark chasing make a nbc documntary channel. Restore the weather channel to its roots. Maybe even make it more localized. Like every 10 minutes have an meteorologist or local meteorologist talk about the local weather. Like here it would be an wtov9 meterorologist.

Streetlight
join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

Streetlight

said by mikedz4:

yeah that is stupid. But I am glad the NWS is changing their criteria for warnings, watches and advisories.
But alot of people don't want to watch someone dredge the gulf of mexico (not a real show). The weather channel should be about WEATHER not shark chasing. If you want a channel about shark chasing make a nbc documntary channel. Restore the weather channel to its roots. Maybe even make it more localized. Like every 10 minutes have an meteorologist or local meteorologist talk about the local weather. Like here it would be an wtov9 meterorologist.

Ya, I gave up on the Weather Channel years ago when they started these "documentaries" about 10 year old weather. I peek at Weatherscan (WS) which is kinda' like continuous Local on the 8s. WS is in SD here and is pretty accurate. Most of my weather information comes from Wunderground.com. There are a lot of volunteers providing info all over town and anywhere you might be interested in.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

1 recommendation

beachintech to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
This is moving past a comcast issue then. They don't control the weather channel or the weather. Your local news should be there in storms. If they aren't, that's the bone you need to pick, not comcasts or TWC's.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

COMCAST/ NBC Universal OWNS The Weather Channel. They CAN control the programming if they want to.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

2 recommendations

gar187er

and they do. they see you post about it every couple weeks and want the trend to continue. they need something to talk about around the office.
Expand your moderator at work