All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Mahalo
join:2000-12-20
united state

Mahalo to Xtreme2damax

to Xtreme2damax

Re: [Northeast] High pings / bad routing...

So Ken I., if I was VZ I would I wouldnt do anything either. To me you have not built a case about the issue. Put the emulation game stuff down for a bit and really research it to understand it and build your case. Yelling Fix It wont get it done.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· RSL4wpcY
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax

Do I know you from somewhere? Just asking since you posted my name and the initial of my last name. Then again probably not since I nearly forgot my website is in my signature and my whois details are in view for the whole world to see.

I would contact Verizon if I didn't feel it was such a waste and would actually lead to a solution. Plus it's hard for me to get on the phone since I have symptoms of autism which makes it hard for me to verbalize, have productive conversations and socialize in general. The prime reason why I never ever use voice chat in game. If contacting Verizon online was sufficient enough I'd go that route since I have no issues expressing anything in text form.

Mahalo
join:2000-12-20
united state

Mahalo

Just doing recon, sir. Right now I know more about you than your issue.
I am just asking that you do some research, understand it, and adjust if needed. I provided you a starting point a few comments back and you have not posted anything back since regarding your issue. Do your research, provide your facts, and we maybe able to help you out.
RolteC
The Need for Speed
join:2001-05-20
New York, NY

RolteC

Just noticed my problematic second hop just changed in my traceroutes. Now I get 3-4ms not 8ms to the second hop/most going forward. Lets see what this means tonight and going forward....
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax to Mahalo

to Mahalo
Can you please be a bit less vague? Earlier in the thread I did provide numerous trace routes, ping test and speed test results. So what do I need to provide to Verizon for them to look into and fix this issue? I understand the lag spikes are due to congestion either through some peering provider or the Verizon routers. It's still unacceptable regardless and should be resolved. It's been a month this issue has been ongoing, other folks here have reported the issue to Verizon and still nothing is being done about it. I've been trying to get a route that isn't congested or less congested but every new route so far exhibits the same issues or similar issues.

Gaming is a hobby I do in my free time and is not my life. I live a very stressful life and gaming is my release at the end of the day.