how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JasonBKs

join:2012-10-25
reply to thejtluv8

Re: [TWC] TWC KC clearQAM lineup change

Thought I was going crazy until I saw this thread. Went to make sure my NCIS and NCIS: LA were set to record tonight and had no signal on the old KCTV (71.2). Switched to what was KSHB (71.3) and noticed it was KCTV now. Arses.

The new frequencies that I've identified so far are:

KMBC (ABC) - 68.12
KCTV (CBS) - 71.3
KSHB (NBC) - 66.13

No luck so far for WDAF (Fox). I got the new frequencies from Silicon Dust but they still have 69.5 for WDAF, which was the old frequency and definitely isn't working right now.

The switch must have happened overnight because I a couple of shows record on KCTV and WDAF last night with no issues.

thejtluv8

join:2008-12-14
Mission, KS
This is absolutely infuriating. I think 'Suit Up' was right, should have left it be. Jason, I tried those 3 and they worked...it appeared the 3rd was low def. I'm not sure what I did last time. I think I had used my TV (Sony Bravia) tuner to do a scan, then figured them out that way...now when I scan, it's configuring them similar to an ATSC tuner (9.1, 9.2, 9.3 etc), so I have no idea what to enter in wmc manually. Need to find some scanning software that actually at works, unlike WMC.

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to JasonBKs
said by JasonBKs:

I got the new frequencies from Silicon Dust but they still have 69.5 for WDAF, which was the old frequency and definitely isn't working right now.

Their website depends on user submissions (from those running the SD HDHomerun software), so it doesn't automatically update right away.

thejtluv8

join:2008-12-14
Mission, KS
reply to JasonBKs
I guess they updated their data yesterday? I was able to start using their info with success last night. WDAF appears to be 69.6. »www.silicondust.com/support/channels/

Here is an abbreviated list for KC of clearQAM only. I'm sure there are plenty of others, but these are the main ones.
»dl.dropbox.com/u/9468568/TWCkcClearQAM.txt