spc
uniqs
m12345s
join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO

m12345s to Sweettxchick

to Sweettxchick

Re: slow speeds..live right next to tower

It looks like you are on 3G, that is great speed for 3G, should you be getting 4G? If not, that is much higher for 3G than most people get, that pingtest looks really good too.

Sweettxchick
@spcsdns.net

Sweettxchick

Anon

If that is great speeds for Sprint network then i think I will just switch to the Verizon plan that millenicom has. 2mb down speed equals like 200kBps..with Verizon i was getting speeds of more than 8mb down (which would equal solid 1.5MBps download speed and downloaded about 3GB of info in about 15 minutes. For the same amount of info at the speeds im getting now it will take like 5hrs or more and use tons of internet bandwidth.) Also on the Verizon hotspot when i played WoW my latency was around 150, I have yet to try it while using Sprint

bpedigo29
@myvzw.com

bpedigo29

Anon

Lakeport huh, I used to work out at the gregg county airport.

You really do need to get on the verizon plan. I had sprint and verizon at the same time to test them out and sprint was horrible. Especially for online gaming. For good latency, consistency is even better than seeing some high speeds. High speeds are nice, but if they fluctuate non stop that will ruin your latency in any game. I play WoW as well, and am on the Verizon network.
m12345s
Bolivar, MO

m12345s to Sweettxchick

to Sweettxchick
Are you connecting on 3G or 4G, it appears you are on 3G, when you had Verizon you must of been getting 4G.

sweettxchick
@myvzw.com

sweettxchick

Anon

Thanks for all your answers. I guess i will have to buy a Verizon hotspot from them. Our sprint hotspot we bought from Ebay quit working yesterday. Just didn't want to because we have a Verizon hotspot that works perfectly, but Verizon plans with it is $90 for 10 gigs. Will they make me pay the $40 startup fee and have to repay the $70 that we already paid?
sweettxchick

sweettxchick to m12345s

Anon

to m12345s
And i was told we were 3g for verizon. 4g doesn't start until dallas area. I guess sprint just has bad speeds. I wanted the 50gb plan so i could uttorent and raid on WoW. But if its going to always take hrs to download stuff then its useless.
m12345s
Bolivar, MO

m12345s

Ok, that makes a lot more sense now, yeah you can't really compare 4G with 3G, 4G ping and speeds is just so much better, but the speed you were getting with Sprint 3G was actually really good for 3G, not sure what Millenicom's procedures are for that, when you signed up did they tell you that you could get 4G with the Sprint plan, cause obviously you couldn't.

sweetxchick
@myvzw.com

sweetxchick

Anon

No i wasn't told i would get 4g on sprint i just didn't know the speed difference was that big. I'm suppose to get a new Hotspot tomorrow and i will test WoW on it to make my decision. My speeds may have gotten up to 2mbps but they were ot consistant at all. it would jump from 200kbps to 90kbps to 150kbpd etc

bpedigo29
@myvzw.com

bpedigo29

Anon

It's very possible you could get 4g in that area. I know there is 4g verizon in Gladewater, as well as Tyler and outside of Tyler. I'm between Tyler and Canton and I even pick up a 4g signal (although it isn't a strong signal without an antenna)