uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sandman
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Strafford, MO
reply to Vchat20

Re: [Apps] Parental control apps to limit app access with web ad

I use App Lock »play.google.com/store/apps/detai···xvY2siXQ.. (there's a free version, as well as a paid one) to keep my son out of apps that he's not supposed to be using, including the Play store, but you can also set the play store up with a PIN to buy apps, and I think includes free apps, but I don't remember for certain.
--
Rule #62: Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

1 edit

The pin in app store is only for purchases as is evidenced by my 6 yr old downloading and installing [u]every[/u] app with the word lightsaber in it.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

Sandman
Premium
Strafford, MO

Heh, thanks for the clarification.

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH
reply to Sandman

Thanks! That actually looks like exactly what I want. Doesn't force a new app launcher on you? Will it do a whitelist mode where I can just allow the phone, messaging, and gmail apps and everything else auto-blocks even if something new is added?

I'll have to try it out next time I get access to his phone.
--
I swear, some people should have pace-makers installed to free up the resources. Breathing and heart beat taxes their whole system, all of their brain cells wasted on life support.-two bit brains, and the second bit is wasted on parity! ~head_spaz

Sandman
Premium
Strafford, MO

said by Vchat20:

Thanks! That actually looks like exactly what I want. Doesn't force a new app launcher on you? Will it do a whitelist mode where I can just allow the phone, messaging, and gmail apps and everything else auto-blocks even if something new is added?

I'll have to try it out next time I get access to his phone.

It does not force a new launcher on you, but it does not have a whitelist mode. You have to tell it what to lock, and what to leave unlocked.
--
Rule #62: Don't take yourself so damn seriously!