Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to planet

Premium Member

to planet

Re: [iPad] Updating to iOS 6.1 or 6.1.2

said by planet:

Any problems for folks updating their iPads or iPad minis to iOS 6.1 or 6.1.2 from 6.0.1?

I ask after reading all the issues effecting (primarily iPhones) with battery drain.

I've procrastinated till now but have some concern due to the security issues addressed in the updates.
»support.apple.com/kb/HT5642

Not me...iPad Mini...the security issue has to do with the jailbreak, so if you didn't do it, you lost your chance. I'm not updating to 6.1.2.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by J E F F4:

the security issue has to do with the jailbreak, so if you didn't do it, you lost your chance. I'm not updating to 6.1.2.

It's possible to jailbreak 6.1.2:

»evasi0n.com/

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

said by planet:

Any problems for folks updating their iPads or iPad minis to iOS 6.1 or 6.1.2 from 6.0.1?

I ask after reading all the issues effecting (primarily iPhones) with battery drain.

I've procrastinated till now but have some concern due to the security issues addressed in the updates.
»support.apple.com/kb/HT5642

Not me...iPad Mini...the security issue has to do with the jailbreak, so if you didn't do it, you lost your chance. I'm not updating to 6.1.2.

Apple hasn't bothered with the jb yet. They most likely will push out a "security" update for 6.1.4 to patch it. The passcode shit is srs business.