Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
reply to c4junk

Re: Netflix

I'm with you. I'm a guy that really doesn't watch "TV" anymore. I don't set aside time to watch a show live, I don't give a shit about reality TV anymore, and that includes every single show. My brain allows me to watch one show at a time. I'm often we behind.

When Netflix raised their prices a while back, introducing a brand new tier of DVDs by mail vs Streaming, I did what I said I'd do here: I dropped DVDs by mail. Have not missed it.

Case #1: Breaking Bad. I only started watching it last year, on Netflix. Perfect delivery system. Can watch on Roku in the bedroom or Xbox in the Den. Without either device and Netflix's service, I would not have watched the show. I will not watch a TV show on my computer. No, I don't have a computer close to any TV so the HDMI cable route is useless.

Case #2: The Walking Dead. When I was finished with Breaking Bad's streaming episodes, I started this show. I can't get enough. I'm 2 episodes away from the last Netflix streaming show. I hear Amazon has the first half of Season 3, and my wife has a Prime account, so I hopefully can use that. If not, I will wait to catchup. Not going to buy the shows on Amazon or watch on AMC.com.

When I watch TV these days, I'm in bed, usually early. It's an absolute crime that every show isn't available for easy streaming to media devices that allow it.
--
He used to say that soul shine, is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain.

I take direction from one person under protest.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

said by Jeffrey:

I'm with you. I'm a guy that really doesn't watch "TV" anymore. I don't set aside time to watch a show live, I don't give a shit about reality TV anymore, and that includes every single show. My brain allows me to watch one show at a time. I'm often we behind.

When Netflix raised their prices a while back, introducing a brand new tier of DVDs by mail vs Streaming, I did what I said I'd do here: I dropped DVDs by mail. Have not missed it.

Case #1: Breaking Bad. I only started watching it last year, on Netflix. Perfect delivery system. Can watch on Roku in the bedroom or Xbox in the Den. Without either device and Netflix's service, I would not have watched the show. I will not watch a TV show on my computer. No, I don't have a computer close to any TV so the HDMI cable route is useless.

Case #2: The Walking Dead. When I was finished with Breaking Bad's streaming episodes, I started this show. I can't get enough. I'm 2 episodes away from the last Netflix streaming show. I hear Amazon has the first half of Season 3, and my wife has a Prime account, so I hopefully can use that. If not, I will wait to catchup. Not going to buy the shows on Amazon or watch on AMC.com.

When I watch TV these days, I'm in bed, usually early. It's an absolute crime that every show isn't available for easy streaming to media devices that allow it.

None of the Walking Dead Seasons are available with Prime Streaming from Amazon. All the episodes require you to purchase them. But the quality is better than what is seen from the AMC broadcast.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Jeffrey

said by Jeffrey:

Sorry but you can only buy the episodes at Amazon. They do come out the day after air unlike HBO which makes you wait MONTHS for shows like Game Of Thrones. If you want to catch up on season 3 of Walking Dead and you don't want to pay per episode or pay for cable then you'll have to wait until Netflix gets it which probably won't be for 6 months or more. Right before season 4 begins when that may be.