Thank you!!!

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
said by takeahike:

Thank you!!!

I take it you got it working with version 0.74?

--Brian

takeahike
Premium
join:2005-01-07
Woodland Hills, CA

4 edits
It's at home and I won't be back there until this evening. I may try it but I'll tell you it sure is simpler with 0.73 with the straight option in the Start Menu. It works fine for me with 0.73--is there any advantage you know of that I should try to get 0.74 working? I'm certainly tempted to just leave well enough alone although it wouldn't be any problem to go back to 0.73 if I couldn't make any progress. I just added the following to the [autoexec] block (the @echo off and exit do their jobs): By the way the mounting is mentioned in the initial instructions.
@echo off
mount c c:\one
c:
one
exit
Hey, again, I really want to thank you for your help!
--
"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry . . . " --Robert Burns

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
I don't know the software well enough to know the differences / fixes between the .074 and the .073 version.

So, if you are able to use the command line option like I showed on .073 and it works, then I would say stay with the version that is working for you!

--Brian

takeahike
Premium
join:2005-01-07
Woodland Hills, CA
The only difference I can see is that they made customization much more complicated with 0.74 although I'm sure that that's not really the case. Certainly looks like a well written program--sure does a job for me that makes things much more convenient--before I had to reboot to my XP on a different hard drive to use the program (which of course took all day). The program is just a small bookkeeping program for my business, and I just like it too much to update to anything else (I've tried). The fonts and also much nicer in the dosbox than at full screen or in XP or when I did run it in Windows 7 32-bit (where it worked).
--
"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry . . . " --Robert Burns