Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to ruralhub

Re: Way out of a rocket hub contract due to unusable service?

CCTS is unlikely to do anything as Rogers is technically living up to their end of their agreement. Their service is advertised as "up to" 7.2 or 21mbps depending on the equipment and plan you signed up for.

Can you get a rocket hub with Bell or Telus? I've seen the OOP waive ETFs in situations where they can't provide adequately provide service but their competition can.

ruralhub

@apexcovantage.com

Nope bell and telus don't have towers here. It's literally Rogers or nothing for cell service.

I (along with everyone else in the community that has it) would like to switch to xplorenet satellite since Roger's has no plans to fix this. The maximum advertised speed is much lower than the rocket hub, but they're able to deliver. A few people have it and it's consistent and stable 24/7. It's even got lower latency than our sticks/hubs which should be impossible.

DS256
Premium
join:2003-10-25
Markham, ON

" It's even got lower latency than our sticks/hubs which should be impossible." Make sure it's the same Hub as yours. I recently spent the money to upgrade and it took me off the channels used by cell phones onto something else. It's suppose to be 4G and LTE ready. Not sure what's running on but I noted an improvement.