broccoli
join:2007-11-29
Portland, OR
Draytek Vigor2860Vac
EnGenius EAP600
Obihai OBi100

broccoli to HarryH3

to HarryH3

Re: Laptop needs to last all day. External battery docks???

Take a look at the ThinkPad T series.

Up to 30 hours of (claimed) battery life when used with both the regular 9-cell and the add-on 9-cell slice batteries.

All batteries can be charged using the external battery charger.

2 docks (Mini Dock and Mini Dock Plus) and a port replicator to choose from.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

Interesting those Thinkpads seem to have even more flexibility than the Dell Latitude's.

Am I correct in assuming that with the regular battery, a slice and the external charger you could keep the laptop on battery indefinitely with no down time? Impressive.
broccoli
join:2007-11-29
Portland, OR
Draytek Vigor2860Vac
EnGenius EAP600
Obihai OBi100

broccoli

said by pnjunction:

Am I correct in assuming that with the regular battery, a slice and the external charger you could keep the laptop on battery indefinitely with no down time? Impressive.

I am not sure if you can remove the regular battery with the 9-cell slice on, or use the slice alone without the regular battery.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

said by broccoli:

said by pnjunction:

I am not sure if you can remove the regular battery with the 9-cell slice on, or use the slice alone without the regular battery.

Hmm yeah i can imagine at the very least the slice probably gets in the way of swapping the regular battery.

I don't see that there would be a problem with swapping slices while using a regular battery though, so one could get two slices and go for quite a while depending on how the regular battery discharges when slices are attached.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to broccoli

Premium Member

to broccoli
Just yesterday afternoon, a friend of mine sent me a link to a review of the T430: »www.laptopmag.com/review ··· px#specs It does look like it is the solution!

I'd like to know how they can get so much battery life AND use an i5 processor. Impressive.