Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

1 edit

[LTE] If you're in Kitchener-Waterloo

Apparently, Rogers has LTE in Kitchener. So long story short, Rogers sent me the new USB LTE device, for free, provided I go on their $5/month plan for 24 months. Which is fine, since I need it for holidays. Anyway, since Rogers currently can't provide cable internet for me, I'm getting the LTE unlimited for one month.

This is LTE?

Not impressed....
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

BGB
Wants moar interwebz
Premium
join:2009-07-09
Waterloo, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Haven't tried a LTE stick with them but have tried a speedtest in north waterloo on a LTE smartphone with Rogers SIM and got reasonable speeds comparable to my cable connection. (Can't post speeds now since I won't be back in KW until Monday)

Maybe you are in a poor LTE coverage zone?

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to J E F F

LTE in Toronto is usually 20Mbps down at least. I see 40-50 down and 30+ up pretty often. How much signal strength when you had those speed tests? Also are you sure the modem was connected to LTE? You need an LTE specific APN and SIM card to access LTE.

The SIM itself is pretty key. LTE capable SIM's will actually say "LTE" right on them. If you don't have this the right APN and right hardware still won't work.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Maybe that's the problem...I'm not sure if they bothered to send a new SIM when they sent this unit, I couldn't find one on the box, I'll go look again though.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to SimplePanda

It was the SIM:::

--