how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA
reply to NotTheMama

Re: Is the email Verizon gives with their FiOS service IMAP?

Yeah I'm not sure what "quirks" there are and have used imap on gmail for 10+ years...

Verizon is only POP and remain so for a long time. The simple solution is to create yourself a google or other ISP independent account that supports IMAP and just forward your verizon email to it.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

I'm not sure Verizon's email supports forwarding either; but, if not, then Gmail also works quite well as a POP client.
--
"Face piles of trials with smiles; it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave."

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

It does support forwarding.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD
kudos:1
reply to danclan

said by danclan:

Yeah I'm not sure what "quirks" there are and have used imap on gmail for 10+ years...

(Maybe slightly dated:)

»weblog.timaltman.com/archive/200···entation

Search "gmail imap non standard" for much more.

I've had problems using it with Alpine (which is basically the reference implementation of IMAP). I had to change settings to suppress some of the error messages.
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA

said by wmcbrine See Profile
Search "gmail imap non standard" for much more.

I've had problems using it with Alpine (which is basically the reference implementation of IMAP). I had to change settings to suppress some of the error messages.
[/BQUOTE :

Yeah it seems there are still some issue with older clients - predominately MS Office 2003 and older.... I've never had any issues with office 2007 and Thunderbird ever ....seems most of the issue revolve around labeling these days....

NaydeesMom

join:2002-03-08
So Jersey
reply to danclan

The simple solution is to create yourself a google or other ISP independent account that supports IMAP and just forward your verizon email to it.

How do you REPLY with the correct Sender Info to an email that's been forwarded? Vz doesn't allow "identities".