share rss forum feed

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3

[crt/lcd] Smudged/hard to read text

Weird new occurrence here;

Some of the type on webpages will appear to be "smudged" like it was wet ink and you wiped some of it away. If you scroll up and back it usually removes that effect. I have tried to "re-calibrate" clear-type text, and there was no change.

Not sure if it is related to that or not, display is a Dell E193FP, Win 7 Pro, Basic Dell mini-tower system with stock everything. I can't think of anything I would have changed recently to cause this issue.

Any help appreciated!

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
I have seen this on different LCD screens. I have a LCD tv that my desktop is hooked up to that will occasionally do the same thing, however on my notebook this never occurs. I assume you are talking about Explorer 9 or 10? If not which browswer?
--
Deeds, not words

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
NW Illinois

Sorry, its FF 19.0.

If I go to a tab and the text is goofy, I can select the next tab over then come back and its fine again. Just annoying is all, I guess.

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Did you recently install Internet Explorer 10? It forces the installation of a Windows "update pack" that makes quite a few video changes. Some users have reported that it mucks up text in Firefox (among a slew of other complaints about problems that the update is causing).

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
reply to mattmag
Does this sound familiar?

»Re: KB2670838 Win 7 platform update

therube See Profile posted a bug report from Mozilla.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

woodie

join:2000-09-23
Gulf Breeze, FL
said by norwegian:

Does this sound familiar?

I had a similar problem, and I thought my eyes were failing!! It popped up out of the blue, then I remembered a recent windows update to windows 7. I followed the above link and followed the directions, changed firefox's config and restarted firefox. Problem solved!! Thank-goodness it's not my 67 year old eyes after all!!

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
NW Illinois
reply to mattmag

Yep, I think you guys hit the nail on the head! I won't be able to try it until tomorrow, but that is *exactly* what the display looks like. I knew the experts here would know the answer!!

Thanks!