spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

unjaded

join:2013-03-04
Irving, TX

why keep viatalk for low volume when I could voip.ms? or?

voip.ms has afaict the same feature set as viatalk plus additional PBX powers.

pay as I go per minute in/out on $1 DID will absodefinately cost less than the least costly viatalk plan which seems to creep up to $16/mo +taxes+fees

viatalk is a friendly bunch but I don't have enough home call volume to justify $16+ every month.

But voip.ms does not offer SMS on DID nor CNAM filtering who does? CNAM wildcard filtering is the must have for now.

(by comparison only: for $15/mo no fees/taxes I could tinker with PBX in a flash on RentPBX.. but I prefer a "just works" home setup)

XANAVirus
Premium
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Comcast

I would recommend Callcentric for low call volume users, like you and me.
They do not offer SMS on DID nor IVR, but they do offer CNAM filtering in the form of Call Treatments.
Their Call Treatments do support wildcard filtering, as well.

They have DIDs available for $1.95/month, and pay as you go pricing - for someone like me, who makes less than a dozen calls in either direction per month, this is a good deal.

$40 in my account balance pays me off for the entire year, plus an additional 2 or 3 months.
My costs are $1.95/month for the DID plus total call cost usually around $1-$2 every month.

All in all, that's about $4/month for me, and I have yet to need to refill my balance after 1 year or even 6 months.

However, to each their own, you know. What kind of call volume do you have per month?

Maybe we can price Callcentric's services and see if they fit your needs too.
If not Callcentric, VoIP.MS is a good alternative, though I admit I never tested them personally.

I've set up a home Asterisk server with no trouble, and it works just fine for me.

horacebork
Premium
join:2011-03-17
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms
reply to unjaded

But voip.ms does not offer SMS on DID nor CNAM filtering who does? CNAM wildcard filtering is the must have for now.

voip.ms *does* have cnam filtering. use it all the time and love it. just wish i could add a series of numbers to a specific filter instead of just wild carding a range.
--
".. the sofa has just vanished." ".. well, that's one mystery less."

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to unjaded

Viatalk here now seems solid unlike in the begining. Now as others is pay as go cheaper. Not an all you eat is bad of you use the minutes.

horacebork
Premium
join:2011-03-17
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms
reply to horacebork

voip.ms *does* have cnam filtering.

oops, i misread and misstated: it only has caller id filtering, not the text name associated with the number. sorry.
yes, filtering on a *name* would be nice.

--
".. the sofa has just vanished." ".. well, that's one mystery less."

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
reply to unjaded

said by unjaded:

But voip.ms does not offer SMS on DID

Their beta SMS feature just launched.

commenting

join:2013-03-19
reply to XANAVirus

voip DID SMS I bet will be an every vsp feature in less than a year

said by XANAVirus:

Callcentric for low call volume users, like you and me.
They do not offer SMS on DID nor IVR, but they do offer CNAM filtering

Is there a best of two that is PAYG, CNAM filtering, and IVR?

unjaded

join:2013-03-04
Irving, TX
reply to unjaded

It seems like anveo might fit the requirements, yes?

their call flow editor is extremely attractive.

wildcard CNAM filtering?