peters4n6
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
Tucson, AZ

peters4n6 to BryanInPHX

Premium Member

to BryanInPHX

Re: [AZ] Speed Increase 01/31/13

Thanks all. Did not even have knowledge of speed increase til yesterday. Went to local Cox store and bought new Cisco DOCSIS 3.0 modem for my premier service. When I asked rep about hefty $90 pricetag and asked if there were any promotions he lopped $10 off my bill for 6 months. So essentially $30 out the door. Easy install and my speed are up from about 30 Mbps to 60.
jeckler
join:2005-04-11
Mesa, AZ

jeckler

I probably shouldn't say anything, especially here , but I haven't been billed yet for the SB6180 I "bought" back in the beginning of January.
jincuteguy
join:2003-10-12
San Diego, CA

jincuteguy

So why did Cox increase the speed for AZ but not for CA San diego? We still only have 2Mpbs+ upload , it's been like this for 5 years now compare to other markets that already have higher upload speed (5Mbps+, now 10Mpbs+)
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by jincuteguy:

So why did Cox increase the speed for AZ but not for CA San diego? We still only have 2Mpbs+ upload , it's been like this for 5 years now compare to other markets that already have higher upload speed (5Mbps+, now 10Mpbs+)

Cox does things market by market, meaning every market is different. So question's you have, can only be answered by cox people in your market. To me, it just sounds like the Cox CA market has been one of the markets doing there upgrades slowly. As market's like AZ and such have had 6-8 downstream channel's, and 2-4 upstream channel's for a while now.
jincuteguy
join:2003-10-12
San Diego, CA

jincuteguy

Yea i know AZ had 4 channel upstream for a while now. My area just started 4 channel upstream recently, but they haven't increase the speed yet, was just the 4 channel bonding for upstream upgrade.
So do you think they will do some kind of speed increase soon since they upgraded to 4 channel upstream?