Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

1 recommendation

skeechan to morbo

Premium Member

to morbo

Re: 7 day a week package delivery

The problem with USPS delivery is no one is interested in "It'll get there when it gets there" service or their horrible lack of reliable tracking. In my small business I tried to use the flat rate box service and it took 10 weeks to deliver a 30LB box from SoCal to Texas. How do you lose a 30LB priority mail box? Despite tracking and signature required, it never showed up on tracking and I never got proof of delivery. I only knew it got there when my customer finally let me know.

That was the last time I will ever consider the USPS for any shipping needs.

coldmoon
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
Fulton, NY

coldmoon

Premium Member

said by skeechan:

The problem with USPS delivery is no one is interested in "It'll get there when it gets there" service or their horrible lack of reliable tracking. In my small business I tried to use the flat rate box service and it took 10 weeks to deliver a 30LB box from SoCal to Texas. How do you lose a 30LB priority mail box? Despite tracking and signature required, it never showed up on tracking and I never got proof of delivery. I only knew it got there when my customer finally let me know.

That was the last time I will ever consider the USPS for any shipping needs.

You do realize that UPS and FedEx use the USPS for package deliveries in undeserved/remote areas because it is too expensive for them to do that themselves?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Services like UPS Mail Innovations are for bulk shippers that don't care when their stuff gets to where it is supposed to get to and UPS/Fedex do all the work of sorting and transport until the last mile. In exchange they get a cheaper rate. It has nothing to do with remote areas. UPS would still deliver there, just not with the UPS Mail Innovations level of "It'll get there whenever" service. I have received stuff shipped via Mail Innovations and I'm certainly not in a remote area.

Those partnerships aren't about UPS or Fedex not delivering to every zip code, but a slower and cheaper service than UPS or Fedex Ground...a service for bulk shippers like those of catalogs.

Even then it is completely irrelevant. I was shipping a priority mail parcel to Waco, TX and it took 10 weeks. I don't care what planet yer on, that is insane. The USPS can't be trusted with time critical anything.