Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to Jetpack

Mod

to Jetpack

Re: 15 GB/mo with new Windows 8 laptop

You probably don't have to litigate yet.

Just argue with customer service.

I think they can do a data breakdown if you're really go on about it.

Jetpack
@rr.com

Jetpack

Anon

The rest of the story

I should clarify... The problem with her original computer (toward the end) was that it could no longer connect and when it did connect it took a half hour to log in. Verizon convinced her the Jetpack was the answer---putting it in a better location such as the 2nd floor to connect to 4G. Today she was supposed to return it. They said 'nope we only allow returns up to 14 days'---today is day 15. They spooked her with the $175 charge to get out of the contract. Then they said 'we'll give you 8 GB for the same price as 5GB. She balked. They then offered her 18% off her bill each month. They convinced her to stay (for now) then said :"We don't have 4G where you live'.
Jetpack

Jetpack to Mike

Anon

to Mike

Re: 15 GB/mo with new Windows 8 laptop

Here's something interesting.....Verizon's CSR looked on the computer and confirmed that she did not download a single video or audio file. I wonder how much else they can tell about what we do???

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by Jetpack :

Here's something interesting.....Verizon's CSR looked on the computer and confirmed that she did not download a single video or audio file. I wonder how much else they can tell about what we do???

As the ISP they can tell everything about what you do... they are the segment of the network that you have to go through to get to "the internet".