Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to rcdailey

Re: Security Update KB2807986

said by rcdailey:

That's odd, because I am sure it was checked on three Win 7 Pro systems that I updated today. Maybe it is some sort of glitch in update that left it unchecked for some users but not others.

I had 20 updates in all (Windows, Office 2013) and both this update and IE 10 were not checked. I installed the 18 updates that were checked first, then came back and installed the last 2. All seems good.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Well, maybe it was not installed with the first run on those computers, because I did have to run update a second time to get the IE10 update and there was one other item that was also installed at that time and I did not check to see whether that was the particular KB mentioned. However, I do believe all items were checked, just that IE10 and one other did not install with the first run. Anyway, as with all other posts, after two runs, everything was updated that could be.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

You could go back to Windows Update and click on "View Update History" to see what update was installed along with IE 10.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
Rialto, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

I may do that today. There were only 7 updates on those systems, so maybe that would have allowed it to be checked by default. IE10 had to be downloaded in a second run, and I think it was the platform that was installed at that time. It doesn't really matter, I guess, but something to watch for in future updates.
--

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
Rialto, CA

I checked and it was KB2807986 that was installed along with the IE10 update. So, it was not installed on the first go-around.
--