Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mariod

join:2009-06-16

1 edit
reply to TYMER

Re: connect s-video cable comcast

S-Video only carries a video signal. Hence the name.

This is a TV manufacturer issue, not a comcast issue.

halfband
Premium
join:2002-06-01
Huntsville, AL
As mariod noted, s-video does not carry audio. Use the red and white stereo RCA jacks for audio.
--
Registered Bandwidth Offender #40812

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
As the OP said "never touched the audio cables," it sounded to me (and looks like to camper See Profile too) that he may have originally been using the Composite video input on the TV, along with a set of audio cables, and then just changed out that Composite video cable to the S-video one.

Like camper See Profile asked, the S-video input on the TV likely has its own independent set of audio inputs, so the audio cables need to be moved/connected to those on the TV for the sound to work using that video input.

TYMER

join:2013-03-15
The Sharp TV appears to have Audio jacks directly under the S-Video so I envisioned like you suggested that I might have to use those 2 R/W input but to no avail. The Comcast box only has the one audio output and I have that Y off so I can just play music on a set of standalone PC speakers and not have to turn on the TV. But alas when the S-Video cable is plugged into the TV there is still no sound coming from the TV or the Y off PC speakers… Frustrating. I was thinking it was a setting in the Comcast set top box but I could not find any where to change any settings

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
said by TYMER:

The Sharp TV appears to have Audio jacks directly under the S-Video so I envisioned like you suggested that I might have to use those 2 R/W input but to no avail. The Comcast box only has the one audio output and I have that Y off so I can just play music on a set of standalone PC speakers and not have to turn on the TV. But alas when the S-Video cable is plugged into the TV there is still no sound coming from the TV or the Y off PC speakersâ€Â¦ Frustrating. I was thinking it was a setting in the Comcast set top box but I could not find any where to change any settings

what box do you have?
--
I'm better than you!