spc
Search similar:

uniqs
faze
join:2011-01-10
Reisterstown, MD

faze

[Sprint] HTC One or Galaxy SIV?

I'm on Sprint and have been using the SGSII (Epic 4G Touch) for about two years. I get my upgrade in June. Just in time for the HTC One and SGSIV. I'm happy with the SGSII running CyanogenMod. Been using CyanogenMod since 9 came out, I'm running 10.1 currently.

So that said... Will I enjoy the HTC One more or the SGSIV more? No CyanogenMod is a deal breaker for me. Though I will settle for unofficial...

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

Personally, I'd go for the S4. HTC has been rather...unfriendly to developers past and present.

The S4 will most likely have a more active development community as well.
faze
Reisterstown, MD

faze

The HTC One has a really nice physical appeal, but I hear you with the developer support... Sprint will definately get the S4 right?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to faze

MVM

to faze
Trying to decide on the SIV or One (if it comes to VZW, rumor is that it may) or the X phone (if it is announced at I/O).

I hope there's a bounty thread on XDA to unlock the VZW bootloader on the SIV again. I paid in $50 to the S3 thread and would probably do it again for the SIV.
faze
Reisterstown, MD

faze

I mean I'm biased to the SIV and I hear on XDA that both devices are to be supported by CyanogenMod... I guess I don't know what I want. Supposedly the SIV has fun new features. The HTC One has a 4MP camera... Whereas the SIV has a 13MP...

I dunno

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

I like the looks of the One much better, but I do have my doubts about support.

My main decision points are (in order):

- AOKP/CM support (a must)
- CDMA/LTE radio (sick of the VZW galaxy nexus' radio, this may mean I have to go with the One)

I wish one of them had soft buttons...I'm really going to miss that. And I'm not sure if I can live without my RGB LED
faze
Reisterstown, MD

faze

Yeah I would like LTE, not a must though as I'm always near wifi.

I do need CM support, that's a deal breaker. I can't do the OEM Touchwiz or Sense horse-caca. It's so ugly. Not to mention the bloatware that comes with it.
faze

faze

No CM support for the SGSIV... I guess HTC One it is...

»www.sammobile.com/2013/0 ··· axy-s-4/

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by faze:

too early to tell

as an aside, will the SGS4 support SVDO on Sprint/VZW ?
faze
Reisterstown, MD

faze

I don't think so. I haven't read that it would anyway...

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

unless it could do simultaneous wireless data and voice, on EVDO or LTE, it would be a deal breaker for me.
faze
Reisterstown, MD

faze

I could be wrong... I'll look it up later on. I haven't seen any Android device that can do that.

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by faze:

I could be wrong... I'll look it up later on. I haven't seen any Android device that can do that.

SGS3 does it, but it is a byproduct of an LTE kludge that required the unit to have two radios.
faze
Reisterstown, MD

faze

Ohhh okay.

Still torn between the two devices. I mean I'm sure there will be unofficial builds of CM for both devices. My SGSII doesn't have CM support however it does have an unofficial build.

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

again, I would assume that due to the sheer numbers of units that will sell there will be some sort of CM based rom, assuming that the device can be rooted.

Although I learned to love touchwiz. From what I understand, sense is not as sophisticated.
faze
Reisterstown, MD

faze

Yeah Sense is pretty crap. I had the HD2 and put Android on it back when 2.1 was hot stuff.

I guess I will just wait and see. My upgrade isn't until June so I have some time. The hardware between the two devices is really comparable. Have to look at it piece by piece I guess.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to faze

Premium Member

to faze
said by faze:

Your information was correct as posted at the time but CyanogenMod has since announced:

"Let’s start with the simplest form of this: CyanogenMod does not pre-announce support or lack of support for devices. Ever. Even for the Nexus 4, we did not announce support until a nightly build was available. Further, any announcement regarding the ‘dropping’ of device support will be communicated via this Google+ page, Twitter, Facebook, our blog, or a combination of those; it will not be something buried in a forum post.

This morning, a comment from a CM collaborator on XDA was taken to be as an ‘absolute’ in regards to support of the S4. He offered the opinion of four TeamHacksung maintainers, their frustrations and lack of interest in supporting the S4. What’s seemingly lost on those reading this is that his comments as an individual do not speak for CyanogenMod as an organization.

As for the team’s stance on the S4, there isn’t one at this time, and most definitely won’t be one before the device is sold at retail.

-The CyanogenMod Team"

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

VegasMan to faze

Premium Member

to faze
said by faze:

Bionic does this.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

1 recommendation

67845017 (banned) to faze

to faze
said by faze:

The HTC One has a 4MP camera... Whereas the SIV has a 13MP...

I dunno

Megapixels isn't everything. A DSLR will take far, far better pictures than a camera phone even if the DSLR has substantially fewer MPs.

The sensor in the HTC has bigger pixels (ultra pixels) so it captures more detail and color. In other words, it takes better quality pics than the Samsung.

I'm an HTC fan. Their build quality is far superior to Samsung's. And the One is beautiful.
hillyard
join:2002-07-04
Everett, WA

hillyard to faze

to faze
I wanted the ONE until I saw no removable memory. That will be the deal breaker for me. To bad cause I really like the new speaker placement

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to faze

Premium Member

to faze
I would go with the GSIV
faze
Reisterstown, MD

faze

Yeah I probably will since the One has no MicroSD slot... Blargh.