Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

[SU] iOS 6.1.3 is out

"A month to the day after Apple issued iOS 6.1.2 in order to patch an Exchange bug, the company has pushed out iOS 6.1.3 today to seal up a security hole that allowed a complex combination of finagling to bypass one's lock screen. Moreover, it's said to add Maps updates for the nation of Japan, while also adding a variety of undisclosed "security patches." It looks as if all modern iOS devices (iPad and iPod touch included) are eligible, so feel free to hit up the Settings menu on your device or plug it into iTunes. If you aren't seeing it right away (as is the case with this particular editor's iPhone 4S), just keep trying. And trying. And trying."

»www.engadget.com/2013/03/19/appl···ty-hole/
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

And it probably kills the jailbreak....
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to donoreo

Nothing so far says it does. Mine is only 25MB.

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
kudos:1
reply to HiVolt

it does
»www.macrumors.com/2013/02/25/ios···ilbreak/

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON

If that stayed in from the beta, then it does.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to donoreo

I see the update on my iPad but not my iPhone,....

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

Downloading it on my 4s now. 28.5 mb.

Black_Mage
My backup spell is Warp
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA

1 edit
reply to donoreo

It's about time. I skipped 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. I was waiting for them to fix the stupid lock screen bug. I just updated the iPhone. Now for the iPad.

Andy from CA
Premium
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA
reply to donoreo

Thanks for the heads up, I'm once again "Watching the wheels go round and round".

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON

said by Andy from CA:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm once again "Watching the wheels go round and round".

I like that, it is a nice touch.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

Anybody who has downloaded this to a 13" MacBook pro retina noticed any slowdowns?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to donoreo

Downloaded and installed thanks OP
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
reply to donoreo

said by donoreo:

said by Andy from CA:

I like that, it is a nice touch.

Fricking awesome. I'd pay twice as much for my phone for it to be in colour.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

joshuapat
Premium
join:2002-01-04
Minneapolis, MN
reply to Metatron2008

said by Metatron2008:

Anybody who has downloaded this to a 13" MacBook pro retina noticed any slowdowns?

Umm.. how? It's iOS not OSX.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to Metatron2008

said by Metatron2008:

To a crawl ...
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
reply to donoreo

Downloaded to my iPhone 5 (went without a hitch) and the new iPad (couldn't connect, took two manual restarts to get it to start and then the download time remaining was whack, but it eventually sorted itself out)

This means that my dad's widow (who has my old iPad) should be getting this notification soon enough and I'll get he phone call right after that (dear god let it go smoothly for her the first time she tries...)

NefCanuck

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

LOL wrong topic

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
reply to donoreo

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I usually charge the iPhone overnight to 100% and when i leave work I'm ~45%...today (after upgrading) I was at 15%.

chip89

join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to donoreo

A new iPhone lock screen bypass has been found. Right now It is only known to work on the IPhone 4 so people with sprint are safe from this one. »thenextweb.com/apple/2013/03/20/···s-6-1-3/

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30

said by chip89:

A new iPhone lock screen bypass has been found. Right now It is only known to work on the IPhone 4 so people with sprint are safe from this one. »thenextweb.com/apple/2013/03/20/···s-6-1-3/

Sprint and Verizon are safe. A lot of websites forget to mention that it is only the 4.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

Verizon had a white iphone 4 for a while..

WhyMe420
Premium
join:2009-04-06
reply to donoreo

No jailbreak = No update. Sticking with 6.1 on my 4S and 5.1.1 on my iPad 2.

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I usually charge the iPhone overnight to 100% and when i leave work I'm ~45%...today (after upgrading) I was at 15%.

My battery life actually seems to be much better. Texted all day, had about 2 hours of talk time used, and still had 75% battery life. That is much better for me.
--
GuruGuy

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state

1 edit

Phone at 5AM fully charged...since then no calls, just a few web searches, read and sent a few emails, and 10 minutes listening to streaming radio (while plugged in to car charger), at 1PM it's at 47%. My iPhone 4 seems to be using a lot more battery than previously.

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX
kudos:3
reply to donoreo

I left my phone on my desk last night and it seems to have gone from 100% down to about 80 in 6 hours doing nothing at all.
--
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

My iPhone 4 seems to be using a lot more battery than previously.

Have you tried power cycling it? Maybe some app running in the background, hogging the battery power...?
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to donoreo

My phone, running 6.1.3 is sitting on the desk in front of me. Screen was off/locked. Without me touching it Siri came up and froze.

In general I've had Siri issues with 6x. I cannot get Siri to launch when the phone is connected to a dock connector in my car. But at least she launches on her own on my desk. LOL
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON

1 recommendation

said by Nezmo:

My phone, running 6.1.3 is sitting on the desk in front of me. Screen was off/locked. Without me touching it Siri came up and froze.

In general I've had Siri issues with 6x. I cannot get Siri to launch when the phone is connected to a dock connector in my car. But at least she launches on her own on my desk. LOL

I have Siri turned off. It is not any more useful in 6 than it was in 5.
--

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX

said by donoreo:

said by Nezmo:

You know, I never even thought about turning it off. Thanks for the reminder. I'll do that.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON

said by Nezmo:

said by donoreo:

said by Nezmo:

You know, I never even thought about turning it off. Thanks for the reminder. I'll do that.

YW I turned it on and tried it out again after 6 came out. I will do it again when 7 comes out.
--