Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

Liberty

Premium Member

Quality dryer vent

I am redoing my laundry room and enclosed back porch

When I moved in 15 years ago I installed a new dryer vent that I got from one of the big box stores
Looked cheesy when new and hasn't aged well at all

Where can I source a more sturdy vent assembly?
Everywhere I look I keep finding different variations of flimsy Chinese looking crap

Suggestions appreciated...

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

1 recommendation

robbin

Mod

They have this one at my local Lowes. It is very sturdy and well made.

»www.lowes.com/pd_34500-8 ··· r%20Vent
Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

Liberty

Premium Member

Yes
Thats what I am lookin fer
Don't know how I missed it
Thanks!

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to Liberty

Premium Member

to Liberty
That's a nice one. Mine is low to the ground. So, I worry about critters getting in. I modify it by adding some wire mesh.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by SparkChaser:

That's a nice one. Mine is low to the ground. So, I worry about critters getting in. I modify it by adding some wire mesh.

I have that one.
It doesn't close up so well by itself, letting cold air in.
The wire mesh clogs up every week with dryer lint, then it eventually wouldn't go back in its place (after removing it to clean over and over).

There are no good dryer vents out there that aren't only found on some specialized website that only ships to the US (I live in Canada).

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to Liberty

MVM

to Liberty
I have a couple of the metal ones robbin See Profile posted. One for dryer vent and the second for small exhaust fan for our greenhouse.

They are much better then the plastic vents. The flapper is tilted and weighted. However the build quality is mediocre but they do work better then the normal plastic ones. Nothing is going to seal totally.

The other nice thing is they protrude an inch or so warn air does not tend to hit the wood below the vent as with ordinary ones.

/tom