spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fish23

@comcast.net

cable box

posted this before,here it goes again.if a person needs a new cable box for whatever reason,and don't have a service center near them,how do they get one,if they order a self install kit how do they return the old one?

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1

said by fish23 :

posted this before,here it goes again.if a person needs a new cable box for whatever reason,and don't have a service center near them,how do they get one,if they order a self install kit how do they return the old one?

Comcast can ship it to you. They will charge you a shipping and processing fee. You can ask for a return shipping label to return the old one.
--
Cisco RNG 200N & SA 8300 HD DVRs-S26 Guide
Links
'Guide Blog'
'Schedule'
'Info'
'Patch Thread'

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to fish23

Or if your sure the box is bad you could call and have them deliver it. Hell you can call and have one delivered even if it isnt bad.

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
reply to fish23

If you're having any problems with your RENTED Comcast equipment, call them for a service appointment, it is their responsibility to repair the issue.
--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Lombard, IL
reply to fish23

If you're having problems then by all means have them come out. If you just want another box, or an old one picked up, better to call and have them ship you a new one with a return label, usually only $10. If you want COMCAST/XFINITY to come out and "install/deliver" one to you, probably like $30. If you need an old one picked up, also probably like $30, as that takes away "manpower" from those who are having trouble with their service, to just pick up a box, something that can easily be shipped back to COMCAST/XIFINITY. Since USPS, UPS, and FED Ex will all come to your door for free, and pick up the box, with the shipping label that COMCAST/XFINITY sends you.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

if the box is having an issue, it doesnt cost the customer anything for the tech to come out
--
I'm better than you!

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Lombard, IL
reply to fish23

Yes, I said if he just wanted to add a new cable box then that would cost him, or have them come pick it up. I said if he is having problems with a box them by all means call them and report it and they should come fix it for free. Keep in mind that if they discover that it is something the customer has done, not allowing the box enough ventilation, bent wires, bookcases, TV stands, heavy objects on the cable wire, then yes, they might charge him for the visit then, since again that is something he could have corrected on his own without COMCAST/XIFINITY coming out. Even if wiring is in the wall, and one room is split off from the other, and one of those wires is kinked they can still charge him. I had that happen to me, despite the tech saying he wasn't going to charge. All the CSR and manager could do was knock 1/2 off the charge.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

here in canada if u live far away from a service centre, like out in the boonies, they will either ship you one and you ship the broken one back or they send a tech nician to your house to replace it and take the old one back
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!