how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10
reply to zsea

Re: [WildBlue] server conflict?

Yes, zsea, the reports are that Exede is not counting usage because they are having problems with the DAP meter.

The NOAA site loaded yesterday when I accessed it using the legacy Wildblue, so that supports that it is a problem with Exede. The temporary solution is likely to use a web based proxy to access the site. There are many out there, but here is one that worked for me: Coupon VPS. Browser cookies must be enabled to use the proxy.
--
Wildblue Value Pack, beam 31, Riverside gateway

zsea

join:2013-04-01

said by Spice300:

The NOAA site loaded yesterday when I accessed it using the legacy Wildblue, so that supports that it is a problem with Exede. The temporary solution is likely to use a web based proxy to access the site. There are many out there, but here is one that worked for me: Coupon VPS. Browser cookies must be enabled to use the proxy.

OK thanks for the info. I was able to load the wrh.noaa subset yesterday but it's gone today too. For all of the terrible hughesnet problems i had, their proxy did work to speed things up a bit. Excede ought supply their own.

zsea

reply to Spice300

I think actually the solution is the one previously mentioned. Opera is loading both noaa and weather.gov fine. I'll be curious to see how it handles mlb gameday.

wm4bama

join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

Yes, Opera works all the time...the trick to using Opera is to lock Turbo Mode ON...not Auto...this forces Opera to use their own DNS server...

Look for the icon in lower left and use the option "Configure Opera Turbo", then select the "ON" option and leave it ON..
--
Exede12, ViaSat-1, beam 342, Albuquerque Gateway, Denver AcceleNet servers

zsea

said by wm4bama:

Yes, Opera works all the time...the trick to using Opera is to lock Turbo Mode ON... this forces Opera to use their own DNS server...

I just used the quick prefs tab and clicked it on, that locks it. In regards to the mlb gameday page, Chrome still beats Opera.