kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to stvnbrs

Re: EA wins WCIA for second straight year

I really thought carnival was going to take it this year. It's one thing to ruin a $200 game, it's completely another to ruin a $2k vacation, with the possibility you were to return to work 1 week prior but couldn't because you are on the floating porta-potty back to port. Then the bus breaks down, and more comedies of errors.

I would have thought they would have been in the top 4 for sure. Ticketmaster beat them out, and got beat out by comcast.

I really didn't peg EA to win this year at all.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

said by David:

I really thought carnival was going to take it this year. It's one thing to ruin a $200 game, it's completely another to ruin a $2k vacation, with the possibility you were to return to work 1 week prior but couldn't because you are on the floating porta-potty back to port. Then the bus breaks down, and more comedies of errors.

I would have thought they would have been in the top 4 for sure. Ticketmaster beat them out, and got beat out by comcast.

I really didn't peg EA to win this year at all.

Thing is, it's all in the numbers.

How many people had a $2k vacation ruined? From memory, those boats are no more than 5k people.
How many people bought EA games? In the millions, and world wide.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

said by ekster:

Thing is, it's all in the numbers.

How many people had a $2k vacation ruined? From memory, those boats are no more than 5k people.
How many people bought EA games? In the millions, and world wide.

I guess that's a rather good reason why AT&T was out of it, can't piss millions off worldwide I suppose. I suppose come to think of it that way I would have thought facebook would have been up there too. They did have an impressive first round.

Of course I would rather us not rank at all, but I don't control everything AT&T, or what decisions corporate makes. I just play the game to the best of my abilities, I don't get to make the rules. Best I could do is assist where I can, and when I can. I guess that does make a small bit of difference or maybe a candle in the wind, but it's still there.

As I tell everyone when they ask the question.. "How can I thank you?!?!?"

I say "Spread me around, word of mouth is the best advertisement I could get, and far more reaching. "
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to David

Carnival offered full refunds, a future free cruise, and some cash to boot. See EA ever even offer a refund.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

said by KrK:

Carnival offered full refunds, a future free cruise, and some cash to boot. See EA ever even offer a refund.

EA offered me a refund once. I wanted to buy a second copy of BF3 as a gift and didn't see the gift option, so ended up with two copies on my Origin account. They offered to refund the money or transfer the second copy to my stepson's account.

Just sayin'.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

KrK
Premium
Tulsa, OK

Try getting them to refund the original purchase.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

They had offered to...

KrK
Premium
Tulsa, OK

Offered to refund both? Never seen the likes of that from them.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Why would they offer to refund both? I had my copy of BF3 for six months at that point. I was trying to buy a second copy so my stepson could play and got it put on the wrong account (Origin really needs a gifting feature already!).
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.