how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Acct101

join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Looking to switch to Comcast

Can someone tell me how I would get the best rate, online at their website or should I call?

I had my fill of 4+ years with Fios.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

Probably calling would be best - especially if you tell then you are thinking of wanting to switch from FiOS.

Now, gotta ask - why HAVE you "had your fill w/them"???

Acct101

join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Verizon has done nothing to expand the channel lineup and I live in Philly and we still can not watch all of Philly sports in HD. No new channels in a long time, but they subtract channels and raise rates.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Don't look here. Go dish. Comcast hasn't added a new HD channel in years and they recently removed about 20+ HD premiums. But if you still want to take the plunge call Comcast and negotiate. Since you are new you are valued and they will deal. It's once you a customer that they forget about you, lol.

5th
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west

They just added about 30 channel here last week. There was about 15 hd channels.
--
Caddy

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

you're one of the lucky ones. But seriously go dish or directv Comcast raises their rates every year and then you have to fight to get back the old rate. Like I told the guy at best buy I'm ready to cut the cord.

S10driver35

join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

1 recommendation

reply to Acct101

said by Acct101:

Verizon has done nothing to expand the channel lineup and I live in Philly and we still can not watch all of Philly sports in HD. No new channels in a long time, but they subtract channels and raise rates.

Hey Acct, I left FIOS a little over a year ago for this exact same reason (as well as also now being able to get MASN 2 in HD which FIOS didnt offer to Delaware customers in my area). IMO Xfinity has alot more choices with their On Demand programming and it was always a crapshoot with FIOS if their VOD would work on any given day.

The one advantage FIOS does have TV-wise is that they have most of the premium channels and their multiplexes in HD where Xfinity only has the basic channel of HBO, Starz, Cinemax, etc in HD with the excuse that most of the programming is availble with HD VOD which we all know is utter BS.

When I was upgrading from Double Play (TV and Internet) to Triple Play a couple of months ago I found out that calling is the best way to sign up for service as sometimes they will have promotions that are not available online to new customers or customers looking to upgrade service. I was basically given new customer promotion pricing for upgrading (minus the gift card since I wasn't actually a new customer) whereas if I upgraded from DP to TP through the website I would have been paying full price from day 1.

Hope this helps!

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

Like I told the guy at best buy I'm ready to cut the cord.

Yawn. That sounds very familiar.
Expand your moderator at work

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
reply to Acct101

Re: Looking to switch to Comcast

Call, and tell them you are thinking about switching but aren't sure yet. FIOS has better (fill in the blank) but if the price was right... IOW, make them woirk for it. Don't take the first offer. Also, get a two year rate lock.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to FifthE1ement

He said philadelphia sports is important to him and the main reason he is switching is no phillies in hd. With dish he gets to miss many more games than with fios.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

4 edits
reply to owlyn

He is in Bucks County. In this county everything is a wash when comparing fios to xfinity. If you dont notice the guide you wont even know which your on. Well thats unless your watching the phillies in hd. Than you know your on xfinity.

Just call and mention you want to go back to comcast from verizon fios. Around here comcast has some pretty good fios win back promotions. Probably find you will be saving a lot of money in the process.

I know your in bucks to. But your in newtown or so your tag says. Levittown and newtown is two of the townships that required comcast to bury all them vaults instead of peds in areas prone to flooding. As such you suffer the consequences. Its just a very bad idea to use vaults where the ground floods.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west

1 edit
reply to mikedz4

How am I lucky there was no channel that I watch in the list. Can not get Directv or Dish because of the trees.
--
Caddy

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

you're one of the lucky ones. But seriously go dish or directv Comcast raises their rates every year and then you have to fight to get back the old rate. Like I told the guy at best buy I'm ready to cut the cord.

See ya

S10driver35

join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE
reply to mikedz4

For someone who so desperately wants to get an X1 box, you sure talk alot of trash about Comcast. You're ready to cut the cord? LOL!

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

Just because I have complaints doesn't mean anything. Fact is I will probably downgrade my package if I can't get a good deal. I just wish Comcast had all of the local rsns like directv and dish. I could watch high school football on fox sports Cleveland.

Expand your moderator at work