spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net

[LA] Internet downlast night

For 2 hours it was down. Performance was really good after it came back. I was hoping they were doing speed upgrades but that didn't happen.

zR

@cox.net
It went down in South Kenner (70062) just a few minutes past midnight. I too was hoping for the long awaited speed increase but that was just wishful thinking. I had to rely on wifi tethered T-Mobile to get my fix during the outage, which ironically is sometimes faster and more stable than my fixed cable connection from Cox.

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net
I watched "Revenge of the Sith". Yeah I'm a nerd.

SlashG42

join:2002-02-13
Metairie, LA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Southeast
Good chance they switched on upstream channel bonding or enabled more downstream channels.

When they did that quick outage here in 70002 last week, it went from 4/1 channel bonding to 8/3. Speeds stayed pretty much the same though, with a small bump in upload.

Bet they are deploying bonding expansion before speed increases.

blakej06

join:2006-08-23
reply to JeffinNOLA
Cox is down tonight on westbank since around midnight (on att dsl).

blakej06

Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 edit
it is back online with upstream channel bonding but my speeds are cut in half and it isnt bonding 8 channels my old 3010 shows 8 downstream and 3 upstreams but the 6141 shows just 4x3

Edit >> one of the cox techs helped me update the firmware i am now bonding 8x3 on the westbank,speeds still the same.

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net
reply to JeffinNOLA
Only 1 channel of 4 here in Kenner. Network performance is great though.

Upstream Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID 4
Frequency 34450000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 3930
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/sec
Power Level 39 dBmV
Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM
[3] 64QAM

Ranging Status Success

kv2009

join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
reply to JeffinNOLA
I've noticed the "Ranging Service ID" has changed for each frequency. I don't know what kind of significance that has tied to it though.

I too had an outage, and still no upstream bonding.

blakej06

Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to blakej06
Click for full size
8 x 3 on the westbank they changed the freq on the upload channels when they started bonding and added 4 new downstream channels

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net
reply to JeffinNOLA
Last October I had no upload speed at all. They said it was something at the plant and it was fixed. What could have caused that? No frequency or power change was observed. I did have a few T4 and CMTS errors on my log at the time.

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net
reply to kv2009

That number is higher than before.

darren45

@cox.net
reply to JeffinNOLA
as of today bonding 8down 3up in gretna la 70053