Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cosmok

join:2010-03-31
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

Rogers Bill Screwup

I canceled my cable over a month ago and just received my bill and was surprised to see I am still being charged for cable. I know you have to give 30 days notice and I canceled it almost 2 months ago. I called up Rogers and they found their mistake in their records and told me they would credit my account. I told them I don't want a credit, I am not paying it because it was canceled. Has anyone had any luck with getting them to adjust the bill after it has already been sent out? I don't feel I should have to pay for a service that was canceled and wait for a credit next month.

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
kudos:2

If they found the mistake and put a credit on your account for it, then you should be fine. You under pay this month, and on the next bill it should balance out.

When I finally left Rogers I had the same thing happen, they wanted the full month from me even though I cancelled halfway through. Got the bill, ignored it and payed the final bill they sent a month later with the correct balance. If they try to charge you interest just call in and get them to remove it.

Their billing practices is one of the many reasons I left them.

Cosmok

join:2010-03-31
Ottawa, ON

They do pre-authorized debit on my chequing account. If I don't want to pay the charge I will have to de-authorize it. I guess I should never have allowed them access to my bank account. I set it up years ago and now I wish I hadn't.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1

Yeah, I don't preauthorize for that very reason. They get paid a day after it's due via credit card..no late charges.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein