Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

howieh
4 more weeks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ
kudos:1

[F@H] FAH Ver 7 Config Help

I have ver 7 running on both my processor and gpu. I'd like to take the gpu out of the mix but not delete it. I want to be able to activate / deactivate the gpu at will. The gpu is and AMD series 7500.

Also, with both running, task manager indicates that the processor is using about 87% and the gpu is using about 12% of the cpu. I have paused the gpu processing and the processor still only uses 87%. How do I get it back to about 100% if the gpu is disabled.
--
Hey Buddy, can you spare a cycle? Join Team Helix

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Howie, I think you can do this, in "Expert" mode, in "Configure/Slots", but it's been a long LONG time since I messed around in there, and I'm not real sure how I did it.

I experimented I know, and if I remember correctly, (which is doubtful) I had to "remove" the GPU. Then, after the CPU finished it's current WU, all cores came back to life, and was folding @ 100%.

YMMV, but surely someone who knows will come along. Otherwise, you may have to "experiment" as well.
Good luck!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:24

1 recommendation

reply to howieh
Wish I could help, Howie, but I have never owned a GPU and the way life is heading, I may never own one. If I do, however, I'll try to remember to get back to you for instructions.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

Alfalfa Hay
Makin' Hay
Premium
join:2000-10-25
Area 51

1 recommendation

reply to howieh
Here's what worked for me. On the client control status screen left click the folding slot and set the gpu wu to finish. If you don't want it to start up on reboot then go to the configure menu and add a rule under the expert tab with the name "pause-on-start" and value "true" (no quotes). Only downside is you have to manually restart the cpu wu to fold on reboot. If you want the gpu to fold again do the same. I find running the folding power slider up to "full" gets 100% cpu power.
--
"You can observe a lot just by watchin'" - Yogi Berra

howieh
4 more weeks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ
kudos:1
Thanks much for the info Alfalfa Hay See Profile. I'll give it a try. I have no problem manually starting the client as that is how I have normally setup the older version clients.
--
Hey Buddy, can you spare a cycle? Join Team Helix