uniqs
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

1 recommendation

Skippy25 to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy

Re: I'm ready to go...

I'm pretty sure in this day and age we as consumers could hit a website, place an order and have it show up on our boxes in about 3 minutes without a single person doing a thing on their end. If not, they need better programmers and a smarter system.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Or they could raise the change of service fee from $1.99 to 5.99 for changing the channels in a package.

Or make it so you can order on the computer or website but have to call customer service to remove channels.

Anyways, the cable/satellite provider's hands are pretty much tied by the programming providers.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to Skippy25

Premium Member

to Skippy25
Undoubtably, they could do that.
But, most people, are more likely, to agree with a human that they don't JUST want that single channel, and If they want they can have that channel PLUS these other channels for "just $3 more a month for the next 3 months" hoping you enjoy and grow accustomed to having at least one of them.
Never missing the chance of an upsell.

Face it they will continue to bundle or not whatever it takes to earn MORE money, never less.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview to Skippy25

Premium Member

to Skippy25
said by Skippy25:

I'm pretty sure in this day and age we as consumers could hit a website, place an order and have it show up on our boxes in about 3 minutes without a single person doing a thing on their end. If not, they need better programmers and a smarter system.

Yeah ... this is pretty much how it happens on DirecTV with the Starz, HBO, Cinemax premium services, you go on their website, choose a premium service to add and it's up and running by the time you tune to it in your TV ... if they can do it for them, they can do it for ALL channels.

I'm fed up with subsidizing all the sports jocks and paying for channels I NEVER watch.

Fuck ESPN ... and Disney too.