Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: I'm ready to go...

Yeah it's called SelectHD from Verizon. He's probably right.
I would have done just broadcast, but believe it or not the 2-play was 10 less for SelectHD, so I got it.

My bill went from $105 to $79 (inc CC) when I went from Extreme to SelectHD and that INCLUDES 50/25 unlimited. And no regional sports fee. So savings over $35 each month. If they were smart they would have PPV sports like boxing, etc. But they are happy with the status quo today.

Cost to provision is not a problem the problem is that we still have channels. If you go a la carte, go a la carte. You pay for what you consume. Think of how the cell guys charge. Base fee + you pay for consumption. Works well there. Yes some people will pay more, some will pay less but the point is it's a personal decision, and if content providers (which should want it all out there) want to condition us to ration, then they will lose.

My take is that these guys need to stop signing billion dollar contracts otherwise yes, ESPN will cost $20.

PaulHikeS2

join:2003-03-06
Fitchburg, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by elefante72:

Cost to provision is not a problem the problem is that we still have channels. If you go a la carte, go a la carte. You pay for what you consume. Think of how the cell guys charge. Base fee + you pay for consumption. Works well there. Yes some people will pay more, some will pay less but the point is it's a personal decision, and if content providers (which should want it all out there) want to condition us to ration, then they will lose.

Sounds silly. Would i have to turn off the TV to use the bathroom? If I turn off the TV during a commercial will my bill increase?
--
Jay: What the @#$% is the internet???

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
reply to elefante72
Or make sportscasts Pay Per View only so I'm not paying for sports I don't watch. The big sports leagues charge a lot of money for broadcast rights and if they go PPV only, then our pay TV bills would be a lot lower.