share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to billydunwood

Re: Insurance fraud please help

quote:
What your telling me, is that you have to call 911 to report anything to the police/sheriff?
Read my last post and you will have your answer. Wait - that might be too difficult - I will do it for you:

quote:
In some smaller jurisdictions where I live - you HAVE to call 911 to report ANYTHING to the police or sheriff. They don't have the funds to have people do both - be a 911 operator and front desk clerk.
Emphasis added by me again - to aid in learning something new. In these areas - there are not many handicapped places as they are rural to very rural. To report a theft, accident, death, accidents, stalking, peeping toms, odd cars/actions etc... they have to call 911. 911 takes the job of the police/fire/sheriff dispatcher. The poorer the area - the better chance of this being the case. In some places there is only the sheriff that covers multiple jurisdictions in a county.

Posting the 911 rule is great - but as has already been said (even by a police officer) that is not how it works universally. It 'could' be a crime but in many smaller places it is not for valid reasons.

In large cities 911 to report non-emergency will likely get you busted - makes perfect sense.

In smaller jurisdictions it won't and often is needed to do - again - makes perfect sense. Hmmm - I think I am repeating myself here... In these smaller jurisdictions the police want to make a determination of who they think is at fault and get a ticket written. This would include my city and the next medium sized city and many others around me.

My car has been hit 4-5 times - someone called 911 and there were no injuries and police responded and took reports and cited people if needed. No one gets busted for abusing 911. Call to complain about the pizza being late - THAT will get you busted.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2

said by CylonRed:

quote:
What your telling me, is that you have to call 911 to report anything to the police/sheriff?
Read my last post and you will have your answer. Wait - that might be too difficult - I will do it for you:

quote:
In some smaller jurisdictions where I live - you HAVE to call 911 to report ANYTHING to the police or sheriff. They don't have the funds to have people do both - be a 911 operator and front desk clerk.
Emphasis added by me again - to aid in learning something new. In these areas - there are not many handicapped places as they are rural to very rural. To report a theft, accident, death, accidents, stalking, peeping toms, odd cars/actions etc... they have to call 911. 911 takes the job of the police/fire/sheriff dispatcher. The poorer the area - the better chance of this being the case. In some places there is only the sheriff that covers multiple jurisdictions in a county.

Posting the 911 rule is great - but as has already been said (even by a police officer) that is not how it works universally. It 'could' be a crime but in many smaller places it is not for valid reasons.

In large cities 911 to report non-emergency will likely get you busted - makes perfect sense.

In smaller jurisdictions it won't and often is needed to do - again - makes perfect sense. Hmmm - I think I am repeating myself here... In these smaller jurisdictions the police want to make a determination of who they think is at fault and get a ticket written. This would include my city and the next medium sized city and many others around me.

My car has been hit 4-5 times - someone called 911 and there were no injuries and police responded and took reports and cited people if needed. No one gets busted for abusing 911. Call to complain about the pizza being late - THAT will get you busted.

Again, how is a non-injury accident an emergency? Just because it is inconvenient for you to find the non emergency number, doesn't mean you should call 911. Matter of fact, I just witnessed a non-injury accident today, no injuries, no crime. I gave 1 of the parties the Non Emergency numbers, and he didn't tie up an emergency resource.
--
No Victim=No Crime