woogie
Mrs. Wafen
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-07
Maplewood MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Icarus

Re: [Chat] Have Fun Storming the Castle!

I can believe that none of you, not one single person mentions, the Hitchhker's guide to the universe. What is wrong with you people. Oh, it's all this snow....your brains need to defrost.

Never mind.

(sheesh you would think that one of these people here would mention Marvin, the depressed robot.....) Don't mind me I'm talking to myself.
--
EARTH: The Insane Asylum For The Universe!

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Shaw
said by woogie:

I can believe that none of you, not one single person mentions, the Hitchhker's guide to the universe. What is wrong with you people. Oh, it's all this snow....your brains need to defrost.

Never mind.

(sheesh you would think that one of these people here would mention Marvin, the depressed robot.....) Don't mind me I'm talking to myself.

Although I love the book, I wasn't particularly impressed by the movie ....

So, what books can you read over and over again? I don't know how many times I've read Catch 22!!!
--
Jamais le mal n’aura le dernier mot. La foi et l’amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.
- Marguerite (Maggy) Barankitse

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
said by squirt:

said by woogie:

... Hitchhiker's guide to the universe. ...

Although I love the book, I wasn't particularly impressed by the movie ....

So, what books can you read over and over again? I don't know how many times I've read Catch 22!!!

Loved the book correction: loved the radio script (never read the book), hated the movie, loved the BBC broadcast I heard on cassette tapes driving years ago between Toronto and Montreal - absolutely awesome! The movie could never measure up.

Favorite book series is Roger Zelazny's Princes of Amber series. There are 10 books in the series. And you can find them online in ePub format. A must read in order.

Reading 2nd of the ~ 18 Alex Cross books now by James Patterson. Just finished the 17 Jack none Reacher books (and 2 short stories of Jack Reacher by Lee Childs. I love my Nook, and its my best friend while on the treadmill!
--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Artist-247

mr sean
Professional Infidel
Premium,ExMod 2001-07
join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to woogie
@ woogie See Profile I forgot.
Always bring a towel...

@ usa2k See Profile I second the Amber series, great stuff!