join:2013-05-02

Don't trust them Omaha

Meanwhile existing Centurylink customers get:

sorry111

@centurytel.net

clones

join:2005-04-18
Ankeny, IA
What I don't get is Centurylink has some areas that already have fiber to the home. Why not offer 1 GB service to them as part of the pilot? Instead they limit fiber technology to fit legacy plans.
--
Admin Tips »www.serverninjas.com

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium
join:1999-12-06
Fuquay Varina, NC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Glora3637
Here's what I get from CenturyLink:

I'm actually basically getting what I'm paying for, and that's the fastest speed they offer in my area. Satellite is my only other option for internet at my house. The cable company (Charter) doesn't have any lines out to my neighborhood. Yes, I'm in the country.

I have a brand new house and I watched them bury the line from the pole to my house, and it was a fiber line. No clue what's coming up to the pole. That part was already buried before they started building my house.

JWNelson

join:2011-09-01
Columbia, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Glora3637
Elsewhere in Omaha...

40/20 is actually available in my neighborhood but I get 20/5 as it's a little cheaper. This would be plenty of bandwidth for Prism so I hope they don't limit it to just the 1 Gbps FTTH out west.

Lia

@centurytel.net
reply to Glora3637
Century Link is awful, some people manage to get decent but it's mostly if you live in a bigger city. My upload speed is 32kbs at maximum if I don't browse any other pages at the same time. Download is capped around 200kbs on a good day.
Here's mine when I go through speedtest but it's actually much slower than this lets on,

I wouldn't even recommend them based on customer service either, it's worse. I hate calling them.