Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to billaustin

Re: Tree obstructing DirecTV Dish

Um no this is called a dish relocation, and it costs more then a service call. We will advise you to trim the branches, and its your job to maintain your trees to not interferer.

There is a reason we have to have a 10-20 degree buffer on each side. in 5 years the buffer was eliminated and the tech did his job right.

Plus do you really want a tree branch hanging that much over the roof? Between the leaves in the gutters and if a branch snaps off from ice or a storm. You better off in the long run having a tree service clean up that tree.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
The trees do need attention, but that is an issue that has to be brought up with the landlord as he is not the property owner.

DirecTV has never charged me for moving or installing dishes, or running the additional cable needed when they were moved.

I should note that I have been a DirecTV customer for over 10 years, and have many receivers on my account.

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Is the move part of a upgrade? Or did you call in to request a relocation.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
The last move they recommended and did at no charge. It was an effort to keep the SWM16 cooler. The dish was originally installed at the peak of the roof. They moved it to the NE corner and put the SWM16 under the eaves. This was after replacing it twice. They also replaced cabling on troubleshooting visits when they replaced the SWM16 module.

The other time was when they converted to SWM for the whole-home DVR upgrade. They combined three dish locations into one and ran some new cable.