spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Karen Culp

@bhn.net

Bright House Networks Customer Service & Care Stinks

Bright House for over 6 years has not resolved my technical problems. And customer support does not know what they are talking about. The technicians that come out do not know why we do not have house phone,internet every time it rains and when you call to get a service technician out it is several days before they can get to you, nearly never the same day. I would change service companies except where we live we do not have any other service company here for phone, internet and tv. There customer service people hardly speak english and you can't understand them.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:138

said by Karen Culp :

Bright House for over 6 years has not resolved my technical problems. And customer support does not know what they are talking about. The technicians that come out do not know why we do not have house phone,internet every time it rains and when you call to get a service technician out it is several days before they can get to you, nearly never the same day. I would change service companies except where we live we do not have any other service company here for phone, internet and tv. There customer service people hardly speak english and you can't understand them.

Exactly what are the problems you're talking about? Once I have that perhaps you would consider giving me a crack at this so repost this thread here »Bright House Networks Direct and include your modem MAC address and I will be in touch.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

2 edits
reply to Karen Culp

I will express my displeasure with tech support. They are either in Canada or the Phillapines but TBH I think its the RoadRunner national helpdesk, not BHN but I could be wrong. I updated my review of BHN in a very favorable way today, except I lowered my tech support to 25%.

This causes multiple customer service breakdowns and multiple service failures for customers frustrating them to the point of wanting to switch companies.

The BHN dude that used to wear a cool hat will probably help you. Give him a chance, and while you are at it tell him to put the cool hat back on lol.

Reason for this post is if no one posts to say tech support sucks, the issue will not be known and never fixed unless exposed. Public opinion seems to make companies fix things and BHN tech support needs to be insourced, if its TWC fault then break from them on tech support and bring some work at home tech support jobs back to Florida so there can be some compassion, empathy and genuine care besides "Reboot your modem".

(EDIT 2) I understand that is the first part of the troubleshooting process, but with current tech support it is sadly the last. After that it is your fault your connection doesnt perform up to the standards.

(EDIT) I have had the same uptime with BHN broadband as Verizon FiOS so it is a solid product and you are experiencing issues uncommon for the product.

(EDIT3) And besides tech support I do have to say, normal customer care is 100% spot on and the best I have experienced with any company I deal with. Just not tech support.

DCELL
RC J1DC-SP L

join:2010-06-17
Ocoee, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Karen Culp

Forums, by there very nature, are full of stories of problems. It's where you come to try to get an issue resolved by other users, or those with first hand connections/knowledge/expertise. No one comes here as a routine to praise BHN, just like no one posts regularly how great Direc**, or Dis* is on their related forums.

Specifics, though, would help. Just saying the customer support sucks is just venting, since no one can provide insight on the specific problem.

I've had to call RR and BHN specific support in the past. Although issues weren't always resolved to my satisfaction, I could understand the folks & they were clearly NOT in a foreign country. On the other hand, on more than one occasion, I've had major difficulty communicating with installers.

Yes, I agree, bring the hat back Gary...

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by DCELL:

Forums, by there very nature, are full of stories of problems. It's where you come to try to get an issue resolved by other users, or those with first hand connections/knowledge/expertise. No one comes here as a routine to praise BHN, just like no one posts regularly how great Direc**, or Dis* is on their related forums.

Specifics, though, would help. Just saying the customer support sucks is just venting, since no one can provide insight on the specific problem.

I've had to call RR and BHN specific support in the past. Although issues weren't always resolved to my satisfaction, I could understand the folks & they were clearly NOT in a foreign country. On the other hand, on more than one occasion, I've had major difficulty communicating with installers.

I let installers do their job. They are paid to do one thing, install what you ordered. If you have expectations beyond that then have a plan.

Like with FiOS. I wanted cat 5 cable from the ONT. I ran the cable myself.

With brighthouse if you want something fancy run it yourself.

I work for a multichannel video programming distributor and we have certain policies.

I do not agree with outsourcing tech support. It is just a brew for multiple service breakdowns. Do it right the first time.

DCELL
RC J1DC-SP L

Ocoee, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

Good point. We just came back to BHN for video (still had RR). I ran all the RG6 myself, including attic/wall runs. All the guy had to do was put the connectors on (I suck at putting those on). When the guy can't explain how the remote works, or some other things because he can't speak English-that's a problem.

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Karen Culp

Sadly enough there is no wall fishing anymore. When I took a short bout in Wyoming Bresnan cable rand fucking cable across my living room and I was offended. Thats the way it is. But. I bought a greely wire fish one time and fished some wire myself as well as got in a what felt to be a 200 degree florida attic and I understand.

The way I explain it to my customers is 49.00 for a wall fish is much less then a electrician. And it is.

(EDIT) I took a rock and a string and thew it across the attic lol. I guess these installers have long fiberglass poles but hey I did it!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DCELL

said by DCELL:

You mean this hat? I have received more feedback about my avatar than you will ever know
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

DCELL
RC J1DC-SP L

Ocoee, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to kdwycha

said by kdwycha:

(EDIT) I took a rock and a string and thew it across the attic lol. I guess these installers have long fiberglass poles but hey I did it!

HA! I used a kiddie fishing pole and a 5OZ weight...

ShadowFoxBiH

join:2013-04-27
Port Richey, FL
reply to kdwycha

said by kdwycha:

Sadly enough there is no wall fishing anymore. When I took a short bout in Wyoming Bresnan cable rand fucking cable across my living room and I was offended. Thats the way it is. But. I bought a greely wire fish one time and fished some wire myself as well as got in a what felt to be a 200 degree florida attic and I understand.

The way I explain it to my customers is 49.00 for a wall fish is much less then a electrician. And it is.

WOW about a year ago BH came out and wired up some new jacks free of charge after the tech noticed I was splitting one line so I have to say that it really depends on who you get

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Karen Culp

I dont care about the UI. Please I want a IRD that responds. Is there a HD-DVR that responds after 30 commands?

I should be able to shoot the remote at the ceiling and it works. Not have to point it directly at the DVR, i mean get under my table and struggle to get it to turn channels.

I put fresh batteries in it, used another remote etc. I just wanna not have to fight to change the channel.

Are there RF remotes available?

Bacail

join:2010-11-01
Deland, FL
reply to DCELL

Another use found for the Pocket Fisherman! GO RONCO

Bacail

join:2010-11-01
Deland, FL
reply to kdwycha

said by kdwycha:

I dont care about the UI. Please I want a IRD that responds. Is there a HD-DVR that responds after 30 commands?

I should be able to shoot the remote at the ceiling and it works. Not have to point it directly at the DVR, i mean get under my table and struggle to get it to turn channels.

I put fresh batteries in it, used another remote etc. I just wanna not have to fight to change the channel.

Are there RF remotes available?

you hit it on the head, %99 of remotes now use infrared, not like the old RF broadcast remotes. the trade off was longer range and less power consumption but now you have to point it at the receiver.

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1
reply to Karen Culp

See Gary, you need to put the hat back. It's what the customers want! rofl .

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Karen Culp

I did put the hat back... can't you see it?

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2

Good to have you back Mountan Man Gary lol

DCELL
RC J1DC-SP L

Ocoee, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

Nice!

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

No I can't for some reason

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Karen Culp

Refresh...it's there

billd104

join:2009-01-30
Oldsmar, FL