Re: [WIN8] Windows 8.1 will be a Free Upgrade

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Why would Microsoft want to ruin Windows 8 RT and Pro with this free update??? There's nothing wrong with Windows 8 RT and Pro at all. The Start Menu may be gone from the Desktop but Microsoft made the Start Menu better than ever. I don't miss the Start Menu from the Desktop at all. Also the section for you Apps is way cool looking and easy to use. Windows 8 RT and Pro is the best OS ever Microsoft could have ever come out with.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
I can't tell if you're joking. That's the biggest mess of stuff I've ever seen and I'd hate to experience that from an efficiency point of view.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:4
I agree, that's just crap stacked on crap. Seemed to be the product of a cluttered mind.

I prefer my desktop clean, no desktop shortcuts, but do use toolbars on the taskbar.

Kerodo

join:2004-05-08
Yeah, that's the biggest mess I've ever seen...

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:6
reply to floydb1982
Surely you are poking jest at Microsoft? That's the most convoluted, messy junk! Garish colors too.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
+1 to the 4 previous posters -- I also like my desktop nice and clean.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
Same here. I only have ONE icon on my desktop (this was true in both Windows 7 and Windows 8) and that's the Recycle bin. Everything else is either on the start menu or start screen.

I don't have any toolbars, or icons "pinned" to the bottom bar.

I'm also one who hates a lot of stuff running in the task tray (thing on the far right by the clock). I have 7 icons there right now (Rainmeter, Bonic, Action Center, the USB Icon thing, McAfee, Network Icon, and Volume). Since 4 of those 7 come with Windows by default, adding 3 more is not that big of an issue.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail