share rss forum feed

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

Worth it

You could infringe on $1000's before getting caught and IF you do, you just pony up a some dough. You still come out ahead.
--
Nocchi rules.

nothing00

join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY

1 recommendation

I was thinking the same thing.

Get a very popular CD, rip it and seed it for a day.

$20? That's a cheap way to enrich other people's lives.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to skeechan
They would make a ton of money if WB sold an infringement insurance policy. Pay the premium and if you get busted just cash in with your policy. Heh...
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to nothing00
$20 per infingement, so yea, go ahead and "seed it" for a day. You pay $20 to give it to someone, and they pay $20 for taking it. Its a great plan.

Never a piracy article without Karl endorsing the VPN workaround. You guys go through a lot of hassle just to break the law, it would be easier to simply not do it.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
That is what the industry gets for engaging in bribery and extortion. If you are operating as a criminal syndicate, expect to be taken by other criminals.
--
Nocchi rules.

firephoto
We the people
Premium
join:2003-03-18
Brewster, WA

2 recommendations

reply to ITALIAN926
said by ITALIAN926:

$20 per infingement, so yea, go ahead and "seed it" for a day. You pay $20 to give it to someone, and they pay $20 for taking it. Its a great plan.

Never a piracy article without Karl endorsing the VPN workaround. You guys go through a lot of hassle just to break the law, it would be easier to simply not do it.

30 years ago I could buy a tape from a friend if he didn't like it. He could buy a new album every week and sometimes he just didn't like what he got so he sold the tape to someone else because he bought the tape, it was his, and he could sell it, sell that something he had.

Today they have convinced the public and lawmakers that the very practice of doing that is not acceptable. You borrow, you rent, you use for a limited time the media you are told you are "buying". They set up systems that detect infringement and deem guilty first then after months of wait deem if the use is fair or not or just let the complaint expire. They treat music and video that is produced by corporations entirely different than music or video produced by individuals. Individuals who are not given copyright enforcement tools, not given legal preference to infringing media use removal, not given an opportunity to have any say in how media is handled over a world wide public data network.

When the majority is not given the opportunity to make the laws they live by and then for some to proclaim how that majority is the bad guy for breaking those laws is just pure ignorance.
--
Say no to astroturfing. actions > Ignore Author

The Limit
Premium
join:2007-09-25
Greensboro, NC

1 recommendation

reply to ITALIAN926
Not sure where you are reading that Karl endorses piracy...try again
Expand your moderator at work

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to ITALIAN926

Re: Worth it

said by ITALIAN926:

How is configuring a vpn ONCE a lot of hassle?

Many actually do the configuration automatically on install.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
reply to skeechan

Re: Worth it

They think 128K/44 is CD quality, it's not. Uncompressed format/FLAC is. I don't like mp3s very much and, when Napster was big, I bought more CDs as a result of this, remember the Black Album by RIAATellica? That I discovered because of Morpheus, I went ahead and bought the CD.

-Rob