spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Notats
@pacbell.net

Notats

Anon

Secret 4G LTE signals in very small spaces

I recently got a smartphone, and I was surprised to find some LTE signals, because my carrier (Sprint) claims there are none here.  I traced these signals down to very small areas, just a few blocks wide.

I think they're putting up the sites and running at roughly 1% power as a test.  Then hopefully they'll bump up the power level some time.  Maybe they need to check for interference or get a license from the FCC before they can go to full power?

Does any of this sound familiar?  What is the normal process?  I'm a little anxious because my work place is just beyond the range of one of these little pockets of data heaven.

FWIW, the location is in Watsonville, CA.  Other place I've found these LTE hot spots are just Freedom, Aptos, and Soquel (Santa Cruz).  There are probably more such spots, I just haven't looked everywhere.

OCZ
The Former Pocket
join:2009-05-15
Saint Paul, MN

OCZ

S4GRU has TONS of information regarding sprint's Network Vision.
We recently switched to sprint back in April and I started looking for websites with information regarding sprint's LTE roll out.

You won't find another site with this information. I HIGHLY recommend you check it out

p.s being a member there gives you interactive maps of EVERY tower out there :O

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

+1 for S4GRU

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to Notats

to Notats
+1 for S4GRU as well. Awesome site!

ALSO, try www.sensorly.com.......People with phones and this app can "map" coverage in their area.

Notats
@spcsdns.net

Notats

Anon

I found that my LTE was coming from a tower on a distant hill. Thus, it was very spotty. Since then, more towers have fired up and I have 4G at home and many other places.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Notats

Premium Member

to Notats
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 00005672

Just got LTE in my area today!