share rss forum feed

mr sean
Professional Infidel
Premium,ExMod 2001-07
join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia
kudos:1

[F@H] Summertime Temps...

...are not conducive to folding in my little studio apartment at the moment. I have a 2nd floor apartment with a south and a west exposure that seems to absorb the best a Gulf Coast summer has to offer. My AC unit is having a bit of a problem keeping up.
The good news is that my apartment is free courtesy of my primary employer and they have agreed to replace my AC unit with a substantial BTU upgrade. Hopefully that will be in place before this week ends. Sometimes being a squeaky wheel works.
The bad news is I'm alternating between a complete shutdown and partial use of the folding boxen until the AC is replaced.
--
How you can make the world a Better Place

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
I would imagine you'll be a lot more comfy once the new AC unit is installed! Best that you be comfy; FAH can wait a few days.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to mr sean
Could you get them to air condition my house, too, please?

mr sean
Professional Infidel
Premium,ExMod 2001-07
N. Absentia

1 recommendation

I bet a vacation to the Pacific NW would appeal the guys in maintenance

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to sortofageek
Summer has arrived here, too! We didn't need to turn our furnace on last night!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

1 recommendation

reply to mr sean
That sounds hopeful! Hope they hurry. The temps are nearly unbearable here already!

--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

3 recommendations

Unbearable...

said by sortofageek:

The temps are nearly unbearable here already!

It's summertime.................................
--
giz~

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
Reviews:
·Mediacom

2 recommendations

And he was Yummy too!

Knucklehead

join:2013-06-17
Buchanan Dam, TX

1 recommendation

reply to mr sean
We hit the century mark yesterday, then this morning there was mysterious wet stuff falling from the sky. I'm told it's called "rain".
I'll take some of that 'Sonny' weather of Sorto's any time!

mr sean
Professional Infidel
Premium,ExMod 2001-07
N. Absentia

2 recommendations

Rain? What is this thing called rain?
Is just a damn shame that all the thermometers here in Texas require three digits to work properly.
--
How you can make the world a Better Place

Knucklehead

join:2013-06-17
Buchanan Dam, TX

1 recommendation

I'd send you a cup or two, but it's already gone!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to mr sean
After living in TX, and NM, and CA, and AZ (and TN) I am enjoying the milder clime here in CT. Yes, this last winter was almost brutal, we had a really wicked storm that tormented me personally (some of you may recall, I was walking under the interstate, a plow went by overhead, and about 200 pounds of wet slush slammed right down on me). What an ordeal it was, taking the bus to and from work was nothing short of a nightmare, but honestly, I'll take it compared to 6 months of unbearable heat and feeling sick, with no air conditioning. In AZ I lived in a metal trailer with no cooling whatsoever for 1 and a half summers, down in the Sonora, I will never forget how the poor live there so long as I live after that, they have my unwavering compassion.

It reached 90 here I think once or twice so far, but it has been pretty mild so far, and I have AC in my bedroom, thank the good Lord.

When I lived in TX, in Houston, I made a living crawling in attics, and let me tell you, an attic in Houston at 95% humidity at 100 degrees in the shade (in the attic it is much more) is so bad I think it would kill me were I to try to do that same thing now at my current age.

While at college in Waco my AC went out during the summer while in classes for about a week. That was one miserable week, I couldn't sleep or concentrate and my grades suffered.

The eastern half of TX is so humid and hot people in the NE USA just can't comprehend. And there's been a drought there.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.