Search similar:

uniqs

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34

Start's Recommended ADSL2+ Modem

Hi Rocca...

I was just wondering what your recommended ADSL2+ modem offers, versus a couple of the other common DSL modems, which are much cheaper.

Yours: Zisa A100D ... $79.95 from you

TP-Link: TD-8616, ADSL2/2+ Ethernet Modem ... $25 or less

D-Link: DSL-520B ADSL2+ Ethernet Modem ... $35 or less

From what I have read on these forums, I understand that some 15/1 FTTN line conditions MAY give the TP-LINK some troubles, but the D-Link apparently handles those same lines just fine.

Obviously, you would recommend a modem that you think is 'trouble-free' for the average user. And of course, you are entitled to make a dollar or two selling them.

But, if I were recommending someone to Start DSL, I would hesitate telling them they should buy YOUR modem.

Is there anything that makes the Zisa stand out, and worth the price premium?

Thx!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

They have been rock-solid for us.

Personally I really don't like either the TP-Link nor the D-Link - from my experience they don't last very long. We also have return to us replacement rather than dealing with the manufacturer.

All said, certainly the customers option to purchase a modem elsewhere, we just have these available if people prefer to get one from us that we have a lot of good experience with.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to jasmo34

Premium Member

to jasmo34

I'm happy with Start's Cogeco network cable service (and I'm not trying to START anything here, hehehe), but I still need to ask :

What do the Zisa DSL modems cost in the stores ?

DrugTito
join:2013-01-17
canada

DrugTito

I don't think ull find them in the stores.

(maybe ebay)

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34 to rocca

to rocca
> "Zisa... rock-solid for us"

Thanks Rocca. I can understand that a trouble-free device means a lot, for you AND the customer.

I would probably advise someone to rent your modem for 2 or 3 months at least, until the DSL line conditions and max speeds can be established. Then I would probably discuss the "possibility" of purchasing "something" with the customer, if they wished.

But, as you mentioned, they might be happy to continue renting too, with the ongoing warranty.