The Dragon Was Here
Premium
join:2002-01-24
Barberton, OH

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

Re: Can Your Car Be Hacked?

said by antdude:

»www.caranddriver.com/features/ca···-feature from »www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/159637 ...

Almost two years old, but still a good read. I wonder how we can keep them updated and secured unlike computers.

Heh you see the latest home automation being pushed on commercials. You can loc and unlock your doors turn up the heat or ac turn any thing connected to it on or off from the web. its called vivint or somesuch forget exact name was just on a couple times i saw so far. scary stuff imo.
--
Evil does exist and it has a face to often that face is one that should look on their child with love in their eyes.

Instead only hate exists in those eyes.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
said by novaflare:

Heh you see the latest home automation being pushed on commercials. You can loc and unlock your doors turn up the heat or ac turn any thing connected to it on or off from the web. its called vivint or somesuch forget exact name was just on a couple times i saw so far. scary stuff imo.

My cable provider calls it Intelligent Home.

»www.oceanic.com/products/intelligenthome
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Rocky67
Pencil Neck Geek
Premium
join:2005-01-13
Orange, CA
said by Mele20:

My cable provider calls it Intelligent Home.

There is no intelligence in my home. No, wait...
--
Panic is the new patriotism

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:3
quote:
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Galaxy Song - Monty Python

--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!